Merkur spotted?

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
Silver SHO
Level 1
Level 1

Merkur spotted?

Post by Silver SHO »

I belive i just saw a white (cosworth?) merkur on the new Project Gotham Racing 4 demo that you can download on xbox 360 live. Anyone else have a 360 so they can check it out?
mikerobison
Level 2
Level 2

Sorry, I saw one today also...

Post by mikerobison »

You were heading east bound on Indiana by the Spokane Valley Mall @ around 7 pm ish on 10/10/07. Gray, bi-wing, open exhaust. I could hear that turbo whine a long way off. I believe you had Washington plates, but maybe they were Idaho? Well if you were in the neighborhood, you were being watched!!!!!

P.S. great sounding car!
yahtzee
Level 1
Level 1

Post by yahtzee »

on pgr4 it is indeed a sierra cosworth. i picked the game up on a whim and i was pleasantly surprised to find it in there.
EVIL_XR4
Level 7
Level 7

Post by EVIL_XR4 »

yahtzee wrote:on pgr4 it is indeed a sierra cosworth. i picked the game up on a whim and i was pleasantly surprised to find it in there.

But of course it's slower than anything on the game right? I hate video game sometimes....i'm a huge Gran Turismo fan, but even with the aftermarket mods you can do to some of those cars (Mustangs in particular) they're never as fast as the power output would suggest or as fast as the real world has proven them to be. I guess it's supposed to be some sort of balance.
yahtzee
Level 1
Level 1

Post by yahtzee »

they do have it in a lower class on the totem pole but not the lowest one. you cant modify the cars, but its in the same class as a 69 z28 and a hemi cuda and a gmc syclone and the like. you can only choose from white, black or moonstone but you can do a custom paintjob, not to the extent of forza but i made mine imperial blue.