Gathering again

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
milehighXR
Level 7
Level 7

Gathering again

Post by milehighXR »

So when do we want to do our next gathering? I am thinking since there is only 1 Scorpio owner out here(I wonder who that is) that we'd make it a multi-group thing, and have XRs and Turbo Ford folks too... I was thinking we could do it in late March-to sometime in April. If some one wants to host this one cool. If not we'll do it at my place, and probably go potluck or something...

And put Sat Aug 2 on yer calenders now, big gathering at my place as usual.

I'm posting this here as there is no forum for the Rocky Mountain region :poke

Johnny
Johnny

1 86 XR aka Naomi- my first love, now daily driven project

DCLXVI
John Brennan
Level 8

Re: Gathering again

Post by John Brennan »

milehighXR wrote: I'm posting this here as there is no forum for the Rocky Mountain region :poke
Yeah, I've, uh... mentioned that before, also... like me, you're part of the "West Coast," in that curiously Orientocentric view that dictates the Regions...
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
milehighXR
Level 7
Level 7

Post by milehighXR »

It's little far to the beach don't ya think?
Johnny

DCLXVI
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Just to the beach (SoCal) is only six hours for me-- I could easily make, say, the Knott's Berry Farm event if my schedule allowed, but those Kitsap Cup Autox's in Bremerton are 2 1/2 days... your neck of the woods is, um, 12-14 hours... a Region should be defined as an area realistically reachable within itself by a day's drive or so-- dontcha' think?
:dunno
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
milehighXR
Level 7
Level 7

Post by milehighXR »

If I have to stop over night, rest area of otherwise, it's not my region...
Johnny

DCLXVI
mtnXRti
Level 5
Level 5

Post by mtnXRti »

Sorry,I am pretty sure your not gonna hit the beach in a 12-14 hour drive from the Denver, CO area. Just not gonna happen. Vegas is a good 12 hours from here. Still have another 274 ish to LA from Vegas. :roll:

It would be nice to have a spot for the Front range Merkur peoples. There are plenty of us here. I am not complaining though, this Forum is the best I have been on for Merk info and convo.
'87 XR Street Ninja
'89 XJ Urban Krawler

Aaron
Longmont, CO
milehighXR
Level 7
Level 7

Post by milehighXR »

mtnXRti wrote:Sorry,I am pretty sure your not gonna hit the beach in a 12-14 hour drive from the Denver, CO area. Just not gonna happen. Vegas is a good 12 hours from here. Still have another 274 ish to LA from Vegas. :roll:

It would be nice to have a spot for the Front range Merkur peoples. There are plenty of us here. I am not complaining though, this Forum is the best I have been on for Merk info and convo.
With more than one driver I have made it to Brighton MI in 18-20hrs... No stops except gas, food, and restrooms. So I suppose by my earlier definition the beach is my region :lol:
Johnny

DCLXVI
2barXR
Level 1
Level 1

Post by 2barXR »

John Brennan wrote:A region should be defined as an area realistically reachable within itself by a day's drive or so-- dontcha' think?
:dunno
Now , that's just ludicrous. Not that I need to dig into why :haha I think that CO, KS, NE, WY, and OK or just CO, WY, UT, NM should be in it's own and not mixed in with the mid west or the west coast. Ohio (Mid-west) is more than a day away from Colorado. I think it would benefit a few people on here to have a place to chat with people who are more local to them, than a 12+ hour drive away. Driving in the mountains has always reeked havoc on my travel plans.

Call it:

Regional Front Range
Regional Mountain states :roll:
error: Insufficient space to complete my small list of mods.

Dean Cartrite