Hey guess who is back!

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
deathbypsi
Level 3
Level 3

Hey guess who is back!

Post by deathbypsi »

Well I knew I couldnt stay away forever....

Looks like this weekend I will be a Merkur owner once again. And the funny part is it will be my same black 85 I sold in Nov 08 !! Yes my sweet little Euroturd will be mine once again. I have been missing this car since the day it drove off and now in a chain of weird circumstances it will be mine again....however it will not be drivable.

I am greatful I sold to who I did because Ray took very good care of it as far I can tell and she still looks the same as when I had it. Looking forward to fixing some minor engine issues and getting back behind the wheel.
Brian R.
86 SVO
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Oh fer cryin' out loud... what's the matter with you? Can't you just let bygones be bygones, break from the past, turn over a new leaf?

Well-- neither can I! :lol: Welcome home to the happy addiction! :cheers

I can't tell you how nice it feels to have a Merk in my garage again... but then, I don't have to, do I!
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
turboj74

Post by turboj74 »

That's awesome.What's the chances of getting your old car back.I finally got me an XR back in November.The Datsun now belongs to Boport.Now I have the SVO and my new XR.The ex-race motor will be going into the SVO and all the goodies from the SVO will be transfered over to the XR.Glad to see ya back.
Jason :D
88 XR4Ti, 86 SVO,06 Ranger 2.3
deathbypsi
Level 3
Level 3

Post by deathbypsi »

Jason, you sold the white car?????? Dam Im gonna miss seeing that thing at Norwalk!

Just a few days ago a bunch of us got into a disscussion about old cars we wish we never would of sold on another board and not 24hrs later I see my XR go up for sale! Fate? :lol:

I have been promising my lady that this summer I would build her something to go racing in after I finished my turbo Ranger {408,75mm} and was kinda leaning towards a 2.3t foxbody for an excuse to get back into these.....just never thought it would be with my very own XR! I put soo much time and work into that car that there really are only a couple areas I would like to improve upon and then I can turn her loose in it.
Brian R.
86 SVO
turboxr
Level 5
Level 5

Post by turboxr »

Congrats!!!

Love it.
turboplz
Level 6
Level 6

Post by turboplz »

Congrats! I was in line right behind you with Ray, if you declined on it I was ready to pick it up this weekend, lol. Glad to see you got her back and seems like it should be an easy fix to get her going again.

All's good for me though, I am picking up an 87 tomorrow for my wife to have a toy along-side mine :D
Jason

89 Xr4ti..."Bronze Turd"...long term project/current garage queen

2014 Focus ST
deathbypsi
Level 3
Level 3

Post by deathbypsi »

Jason, I just wanted to say that was very cool of you and Ray both to agree to give me first dibs at it, not many people would do that.
Brian R.
86 SVO
turboplz
Level 6
Level 6

Post by turboplz »

No problem man, I know how much history you have with that car and how it's pained you to be away from it. These cars gain part of your soul after a while I swear it!
Jason

89 Xr4ti..."Bronze Turd"...long term project/current garage queen

2014 Focus ST
stet

Post by stet »

welcome back death
shoo, getaway, damn hondas.
Rooster
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Rooster »

Welcome back now drive it to carlisle this year :) any new pictures?
-Rooster..
1985 Merkur XR4Ti "New plan"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti Stock, Low miles unmodded will be that way 4ever
1989 Merkur Scorpio white and Tan "Casper" Daily Driven
deathbypsi
Level 3
Level 3

Post by deathbypsi »

Im leaving rite now to go pick it up{hour drive} but as soon I get home there will be pix taken.
Brian R.
86 SVO
Rooster
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Rooster »

How did it go?
-Rooster..
1985 Merkur XR4Ti "New plan"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti Stock, Low miles unmodded will be that way 4ever
1989 Merkur Scorpio white and Tan "Casper" Daily Driven
deathbypsi