Important forum upgrade information - plus avatar info

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
MarkM
Level 7
Level 7

Important forum upgrade information - plus avatar info

Post by MarkM »

The forum software has been updated to a new version of phpBB. In the interests of minimizing the down time, there are some items that have not yet been completed. The biggest one is likely to be the lack of a search capability. Rebuilding the index is underway, but this took a VERY long time to complete in testing, so it may be tomorrow or Sunday before the search is back in operation again. There are some changes that will be implemented as I have the opportunity, but these are a lot less important than search. In the event of a catastrophic failure associated with the upgrade, we can return to the previous board very easily, although any new posts made on the new forum will unfortunately be lost.

Sorry for the length of time we were down, I hope you find the new board worth the inconvenience.

EDIT 15 May 2011 23:40 EDT - As stated below, Search is functional again.

Users also can now choose between two themes, prosilver, which is the new default, or subsilver2, which more closely resembles the old forum.

There is a problem with custom user avatars that were uploaded to the old forum. They did not transfer properly. Some brief testing appears to show that re-uploading the avatar through the User Control Panel will work. Users that picked one of the default gallery avatars are not affected, nor are users whose avatars link to external web sites.

We're not aware of any other functional issues at this time.
Mark
MarkM
Level 7
Level 7

Search index has been rebuilt

Post by MarkM »

OK guys, you can (successfully) search for T5 and T9 now. Better add some more terms to the search though, 'cause T5 by itself was over 2000 hits. T9 checked in at over 1000.
Mark
Mike McCreight
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Important forum upgrade information

Post by Mike McCreight »

Thanks for all the time and effort!
:headbang
Looks good!
Mike.
It's not a hobby, it's an obsession!
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Thanks for staying up all night to baby-sit this Mark. Well done! :notworthy

I look forward to telling the first person who asks, "How do I do a T-5 swap?" to SEARCH!!!

Oh, and look, now I can bold something after the fact! :D
Brad
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication. :cheers
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
JimG
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Important forum upgrade information - plus avatar info

Post by JimG »

Thanks Mark! It looks good!
Jim Gosses
86 XR4TI, 165K, T-5, IC, RR, PBR Fronts, T-bird Rear Discs