Hi to All of you,Me and my XR4Ti we are new here.

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Hi to All of you,Me and my XR4Ti we are new here.

Post by In XS 7 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:27 am

Hello everybody! I'm new here this is my first time working in a project car,but I'm so exited about,specially with the Merkur XR4Ti,I never heard about this kind of cars but a co-worker told me about them and then I look for inf. on the internet and Wikipedia,and since then,I just fell in love with the XR4Ti and from the very first day I saw the pictures and the great comments about the power,unique design and because there are not to many of them.So I started to look for one and finally I got me one,my very first 89 XR4Ti,I will post some pictures as soon as I learn how to load them,I'm learning every thing: English,mechanic,posting on this Great Forum and the terms you guys use when you talk about fixes and mods. My XR is 100% stock,but I want to do some mods on it,like the T5 conversion,roller cam from a ranger,inter-cooler,one piece drive-shaft,3" exhaust,bigger fuel pump,big vam,LA3 EEC,new paint job,Euro head-lights,I need to fix the front seats leather,they are really bad. But I will need your help and patience,I have a lot of questions, :shock: and I meant "A lot",But as was reading some questions from other members and specially the great help and kindness from all of you,that's why I'm glad to be here,because I know,I'm on the right place,I'm sure I will get your help and my XR4Ti will be in a great shape soon.Thank you very much in advance, to all of you. P.S I will post the pics this weekend.
Miguel.
89 XR4Ti Monique; Waking up a real "Night/Mare-Coor".
T5, NPR IC, PIMP ECU, Walbro 255, Dual piston BOV, Manual BC, 3" exhaust, One piece Aluminum drive-shaft, mc2 LSD, Boport 1.5 cam, Ported and polish head, big valves, 80# injectors, Bob's log, (soon HY35).

DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Re: Hi to All of you,Me and my XR4Ti we are new here.

Post by DPDISXR4Ti » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:15 am

Welcome! Please feel free to update your profile with location and signature (i.e. name). Cause ya know, I'd feel kinda weird calling you In XS 7 :mrgreen:
Brad

merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:50 pm

Welcome!

jetrinka
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jetrinka » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:19 pm

Welcome! Its a very helpful community here. :mrgreen:
88 5-speed, Red XR
86 5-speed, 4x2 Toyota Pickup 22R
75 F-250, 4x2 w/390
2010 Impreza (wifes car)