New car! Focus ST

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
hEaT
Level 7
Level 7

Re: New car! Focus ST

Post by hEaT »

Nice pickup! Any questions, shoot me a message :cheers

Looks like an ST2 package car with moonroof?
turboplz
Level 6
Level 6

Post by turboplz »

hEaT wrote:Nice pickup! Any questions, shoot me a message :cheers

Looks like an ST2 package car with moonroof?
Yes sir! St2 with blue/black seats and moonroof. I'm EXTREMELY pleased with the ST2 seats, they fit the buck in every sense. It's also nice that the back seats are mostly leather so that when the kids spill stuff it will easily clean up.

Just rolled over 1k miles today. I think I'll change the oil soon and really start opening her up more often. This little k03 turbo is a blast from a stop, but the top end definitely suffers. I might look into the k04, seems like it might be a better fit for this engine.
Jason

89 Xr4ti..."Bronze Turd"...long term project/current garage queen

2014 Focus ST
hEaT
Level 7
Level 7

Post by hEaT »

turboplz wrote:
Yes sir! St2 with blue/black seats and moonroof. I'm EXTREMELY pleased with the ST2 seats, they fit the buck in every sense. It's also nice that the back seats are mostly leather so that when the kids spill stuff it will easily clean up.

Just rolled over 1k miles today. I think I'll change the oil soon and really start opening her up more often. This little k03 turbo is a blast from a stop, but the top end definitely suffers. I might look into the k04, seems like it might be a better fit for this engine.
Very cool. Same here, except in Oxford White.

If you haven't gotten a tune yet...do that before the turbo upgrade. It REALLY opens the car up all over the rev range. It made me not hate the K03 for a daily. If this was a project car, I'd skip the K04 all together and look at the bolt-on EFR and GTX kits out there. Fueling is a concern though which hasn't been addressed yet (cam-driven HPFP).