"NLA" parts source

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
mopman93
Level 2
Level 2

"NLA" parts source

Post by mopman93 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:17 pm

I've been into merks for 8 years at least and my dad for the past 30, just found out about this.

ROCKAUTO.CO.UK

look it up.

Europeans gotta buy auto parts too right? That's where they get em. Control arms, bushings, radiator hoses, calipers, shocks, struts, everything you could ever want for your ride, and at normal low rock auto prices. They even have a USD convertor and ship to the U.S.

I just purchased MOOG rear beam bushings that they say are an improved design and Lemforder OEM 26mm rubber sway bar bushings with the correct design for the "newer" style sway bar clamps.

*NOTE* look up 1988 Ford Granada for the sway bar bushings, it uses a 26mm bar like the merk. The sierras had a 24 or 28mm bar according to rock auto.

If you know, you know. If not enjoy.

merkurdriver
Level 8

Re: "NLA" parts source

Post by merkurdriver » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:19 pm

Gave a try on Scorpio inner tie rods and they want $60 just for shipping :shock:

Besides, I really like to support the vendors that help pay the operating costs for this forum vs. some big box online retailer :wink:

hEaT
Level 7
Level 7

Post by hEaT » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:53 pm

Good stuff man! Thanks for sharing.
Joe
1985 Nimbus Grey XR
2017 Ford Focus RS

Matt01
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Matt01 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:32 pm

Even on Rockauto.com, if you play with the checkboxes up top you can see the german models.

And yes, at that point you'd be better off just contacting the vendors on here, they're really reliable.