Hi a new Sierra owner here

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
KarnivoolFan

Re: Hi a new Sierra owner here

Post by KarnivoolFan »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:Very nice. What year?

We have a member in the States who has a Scorpio with that engine.
-Shawn
jkxr4ti
Level 7
Level 7

Post by jkxr4ti »

Very nice ride! I think I would give up my XR if I could get my hands on one of those.
Jeremy Kemp

RIP: the Mutt….1988 XR4Ti Chestnut Brown/Spice Leather
MC2 Coilovers and Bushings, Contour Rims and Rotors, Ported Motorsport Head, Cosworth 4x4 Intercooler, Holset HY35 Turbo, 80LB Injectors, Megasquirt2 EFI
Spaldino
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Spaldino »

Nice car!

I need one of those Sierra wagons more than humans need oxygen.

I'd do some pretty terrrrrrrrible things for one
88 Mono-white XR: Side exhaust, Walbro, MC2 Front Adjustable Coilovers, Rear Bilsteins, Full Poly bushings, MC2 Diff Mount, Rapido intercooler, Some sort of mild cam(?), Rear Disc conversion, 225s on 17x8 wheels.
Bob Weir
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Bob Weir »

Hi Shawn,

You’re eligible for a FREE 1 year MCA membership!

Email me your MCA Forum user name, real name, postal address, phone number, model & year of the Merkur, from who and when you bought it. Purchase must be made after March 31, 2015. If you are a MCA member, MCA will extend your membership for 1 year.

More info in the following link > http://forum.merkurclub.com/forum/viewt ... 19&t=30034

Bob Weir
Membership Coordinator
Merkur Club of America
bweir4u@rcn.com
KarnivoolFan

Post by KarnivoolFan »

Spaldino wrote:Nice car!

Just import one. They are dirt cheap. There is one in Germany for like $1000 and another in Italy for $700. It's an easy process for sure.
-Shawn
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

KarnivoolFan wrote: Just import one. They are dirt cheap. There is one in Germany for like $1000 and another in Italy for $700. It's an easy process for sure.
Most people won't want to go through the hassle/headache/process.

However... if someone were bringing in nice clean ones (like yours) and getting them US titles and offering them for sale here ... well that would be of interest to a lot of people.

I wouldn't mind having a 4x4 estate a/t around for a car anyone in the house could hop in and drive.
Spaldino
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Spaldino »

KarnivoolFan wrote:

Just import one. They are dirt cheap. There is one in Germany for like $1000 and another in Italy for $700. It's an easy process for sure.

Oh I am going to. I need a wagon for a parts hauler/winter car and was gonna go with a Caprice/Roadmaster wagon but if I could have a wagon version of my good weather car... that would be so much better.
88 Mono-white XR: Side exhaust, Walbro, MC2 Front Adjustable Coilovers, Rear Bilsteins, Full Poly bushings, MC2 Diff Mount, Rapido intercooler, Some sort of mild cam(?), Rear Disc conversion, 225s on 17x8 wheels.
KarnivoolFan

Post by KarnivoolFan »

Spaldino wrote:
KarnivoolFan wrote:

Oh I am going to. I need a wagon for a parts hauler/winter car and was gonna go with a Caprice/Roadmaster wagon but if I could have a wagon version of my good weather car... that would be so much better.
If you need any help whether looking for it (website searching) or connecting you with a my shipper (I got a good deal on the service and they specialize in Europe to USA shipping for the military). Feel free to ask.
-Shawn
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

KarnivoolFan wrote: If you need any help whether looking for it (website searching) or connecting you with a my shipper (I got a good deal on the service and they specialize in Europe to USA shipping for the military). Feel free to ask.
Out of curiousity, what did you pay to have it shipped?
KarnivoolFan

Post by KarnivoolFan »

merkurdriver wrote:
KarnivoolFan wrote: If you need any help whether looking for it (website searching) or connecting you with a my shipper (I got a good deal on the service and they specialize in Europe to USA shipping for the military). Feel free to ask.
Out of curiousity, what did you pay to have it shipped?
2100 and that included

Shipping
Trucking transport from Mainz-Kostheim, Wiesbaden, Germany to Bremerhaven, Germany (port) which was a 330 mile trip
Insurance on the vehicle
Port fees in both Bremerhaven (departure) and Long Beach (arrival)
Customs Brokerage via their US agent who handled all the paperwork

I will just show up with my original German documents such as title and registration and bill of sale. Confirm my identity and take the vehicle.
-Shawn
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Seems like a good deal for transport
KarnivoolFan

Post by KarnivoolFan »

merkurdriver wrote:Seems like a good deal for transport
By the way, the 4x4 was never available as an automatic. Only with the MT75 5 speed manual (as it should be if I do say so myself)
-Shawn
Xr4ti@Norway

Post by Xr4ti@Norway »

from 88 the sierra got mt75 gearbox on the 4x4 verson. before that they used the good old T9 :)
88 Merkur Xr4ti
97 Ford Scorpio 2.9 Cosworth
85 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.8i
89 Ford Sierra Ohc Turbo
86 Ford Sierra Ohc Turbo
89 Ford Sierra Dohc