Forum software update bug reports and comments

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
MarkM
Level 7
Level 7

Forum software update bug reports and comments

Post by MarkM »

I'm starting this as a central location for bug reports and comments related to the Sept. 2017 forum software upgrade.
Mark
milehighXR
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Forum software update bug reports and comments

Post by milehighXR »

Already commented, in other thread, but I'll put it here too: the color scheme is wicked harsh on the eyes. Can it be changed to resemble the old one, or do individuals have the ability to customize their experience once they login?
Johnny

1 86 XR aka Naomi- my first love, now daily driven project

DCLXVI
Matt01
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Matt01 »

Im not 100% sure how you take a picture from a modern cellphone and get it to be 16 KILOBYTES and 80x80 pixels to be an avatar picture.
milehighXR
Level 7
Level 7

Post by milehighXR »

I'm fairly sure the rule was always 80x80 and 16kb. You can resize the image using photoediting software. There's free software out there, such as Gimp, or Photo Pos Pro 3(which is what I'm using now).
Johnny

1 86 XR aka Naomi- my first love, now daily driven project

DCLXVI
Matt01
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Matt01 »

indeed, but we are now 2017...

this is an 80x80 image, which was saved as a jpeg on photoshops lowest quality setting. Its still too big (40kb)

merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

milehighXR wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:35 am Already commented, in other thread, but I'll put it here too: the color scheme is wicked harsh on the eyes. Can it be changed to resemble the old one, or do individuals have the ability to customize their experience once they login?
Go to you user name at the top right and select user control panel, once in there you can go to board options and change black to prosilver.
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

merkurdriver wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:18 am
milehighXR wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:35 am Already commented, in other thread, but I'll put it here too: the color scheme is wicked harsh on the eyes. Can it be changed to resemble the old one, or do individuals have the ability to customize their experience once they login?
Go to you user name at the top right and select user control panel, once in there you can go to board options and change black to prosilver.
Ah, yes... this works much better for me-- thank you.

Nice job on the upgrade. I'm sure once we get used to things, it'll be a lot easier and more pleasant to use. :cheers
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost