Cheap Schwaben Long Torx Socket Set

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Cheap Schwaben Long Torx Socket Set

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Just picked up a set of these for $14.68 shipped, Schwaben part# 012599SCH01A
https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Pc-3-8-Drive ... Swt0FZDIP9

No idea why they are so cheap; they're typically over $50. The cheapest I can find them otherwise is $35 at ECS...
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwaben-pa ... 599sch01a/
Brad
merkurdriver
Level 8

Re: Cheap Schwaben Long Torx Socket Set

Post by merkurdriver »

Schwaben is ECS's in-house brand and they usually run deals on their tools frequently. I have about 7 or 8 different Schwaben tools / kits here and have not broken any of them yet. Good price, and good quality so far too.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

merkurdriver wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:20 pm Schwaben is ECS's in-house brand and they usually run deals on their tools frequently.
Yea, it's kinda funny that you can go to ECS's site right now and buy this kit for $34.95 or go to eBay and get the same thing from ECS for $15. I've also found the Schwaben tools to be very good quality and value. Clearly not Snap-On quality, but clearly not Snap-On prices either. The only thing that might be a drag is getting warranty coverage since the tool would need to be shipped in (I assume).
Brad
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Yeah you would have to ship the tool back if there was a problem. This whole week all the Schwaben tools are 25% off FYI.
Still not as cheap as ebay - I think they run select items on ebay to sort of promote the brand / exposure / etc.
thesameguy
Level 7
Level 7

Post by thesameguy »

Have you put one on an impact wrench and blown it up on the axles yet? :D
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

thesameguy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:41 pm Have you put one on an impact wrench and blown it up on the axles yet? :D
Not yet!
Brad