Rear Drum Brake to Disc Conversion

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
DomMazzone

Rear Drum Brake to Disc Conversion

Post by DomMazzone » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:46 am

Back into getting my bought in 1987 XR4Ti on the road and interested in rear drum to disc conversion. Heard Scorpio calipers and Ford Focus rotors work. Am sure this was on Forum before. Can you guys help me with the step by step parts needed, where to buy, and how to do? Thanks Dom

JimG
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Rear Drum Brake to Disc Conversion

Post by JimG » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:30 pm

Check out http://www.merkur.50megs.com/photo3.html

Are you a club member? If not sign up and join us next year at Carlisle!
Jim Gosses
86 XR4TI, 165K, IC, RR, PBR Fronts, T-bird Rear Discs

Esteban
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Esteban » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:39 pm

You can also use focus calipers too with the proper bracket. Easier to find pads as well. Find TimXR's post about them

DomMazzone

Post by DomMazzone » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:27 pm

JimG and Esteban - Thanks much. Jim - Yes I am once again a paid member as I joined again today after being away from the MCA for many years. Hope to see you at Carlisle next year! Esteban - Will check into the Focus calipers. Right now am more focused (no pun intended) on getting the car running again. It hasn't run for 8 years. It ran fine the last time I started it 8 years ago, but I believe since gas was old, it stopped running after a few minutes. In the process of removing tank and seeing how bad it looks and checking out fuel pumps, injectors, etc.

merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:43 am

www.merkurdepot.com

-> rear disc brake conversion