Having problems logging in? Read this thread

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
MarkM
Level 7
Level 7

Having problems logging in? Read this thread

Post by MarkM »

Feb. 10, 2019 Update: It's possible to get to the forum using either forum.merkurclub.com or forum.merkurclub.net.

Right now, users should access the site using http://forum.merkurclub.net/forum

It may still be necessary to clear your cookies before you're able to login, but the combination of the correct URL and deleting your cookies should let you get logged in.
------------------
There's some behind the scenes work going on with our internet host and you may have problems getting logged in to the forum. If you find that your log in just isn't working, even though you're using the correct username/password, try clearing the cookies from the site. There's a link at the bottom of the forum, or you can just click this link here:

http://forum.merkurclub.net/forum/ucp.p ... te_cookies
Mark
john keefe
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Having problems logging in? Try clearing your cookies

Post by john keefe »

If that doesn't work, try manually deleting all merkurclub cookies on your computer as well. Thanks Mark for the help!
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

What's interesting is that I just had an issue logging in today. I got to the forum by clicking through an e-mail alert. From there, it prompted me to login and when I typed in name and pw it just acted like I'd done nothing. So I opened a new window, logged in, and all was fine. :dunno

I did get this message up top, so it would appear we do still have some lingering issues...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 591: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thanks for your patience while we get this sorted out.
Brad
my8950
Level 7
Level 7

Post by my8950 »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:07 am What's interesting is that I just had an issue logging in today. I got to the forum by clicking through an e-mail alert. From there, it prompted me to login and when I typed in name and pw it just acted like I'd done nothing. So I opened a new window, logged in, and all was fine. :dunno

I did get this message up top, so it would appear we do still have some lingering issues...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 591: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Same thing still today...
Also seeing these at the top of the screen:
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

my8950 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:43 am
DPDISXR4Ti wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:07 am What's interesting is that I just had an issue logging in today. I got to the forum by clicking through an e-mail alert. From there, it prompted me to login and when I typed in name and pw it just acted like I'd done nothing. So I opened a new window, logged in, and all was fine. :dunno

Same thing still today...
Also seeing these at the top of the screen:
I don't see it anymore, did just the other day but not now.
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

Wait...now I see it again. Everything else works good though.
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
jasonty
Level 6
Level 6

Post by jasonty »

I get this at the top of the screen, but no log in issues on my end.

jason yancey
stephens city va
87XR-88XR
NOVAMOG

"as long as you keep picking on me I will tend to mad post about me getting mad......"
john keefe
Level 7
Level 7

Post by john keefe »

PHP warnings started popping up again (2/6/19), and taking a very long time to get the website to open... timed me out several times. No problem signing in once I got into the site, but just giving an FYI.
MarkM
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Having problems logging in? Read this thread

Post by MarkM »

I believe the php warnings are mostly cosmetic. We'll get them taken care of eventually, but I think the login issues may be associated with the URL used to access the site. I've updated the first post in this thread, but it may get overlooked by people who have been following the discussion.

If you're having problems getting logged in to the forum, make sure you're accessing it using the

http://forum.merkurclub.net/forum URL. If that still doesn't work, try clearing your cookies again.
Mark
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

merkurclub.net/forum works just fine. As if nothing changed when logging in.

merkurclub.com instant redirects to merkurclub.net, which is seamless...however the forum link at the top of that main page still sends visitors to merkurclub.com/forum - which will not let you log in.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

merkurdriver wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:02 am merkurclub.net/forum works just fine. As if nothing changed when logging in.

merkurclub.com instant redirects to merkurclub.net, which is seamless...however the forum link at the top of that main page still sends visitors to merkurclub.com/forum - which will not let you log in.
Yep! Funny enough, just last night I sent a msg to Jim asking him to fix that!

Thanks for confirming it's not just me! :)
Brad
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Its not you...its me...

Works perfectly now FYI :cheers