Scorpio&XR4Ti_bras

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
jst

Scorpio&XR4Ti_bras

Post by jst »

Hello everyone,
I owned a Scorpio for about 10 years. Used to be on this forum a fair bit. Nice memories: I 'raced' the Scorpio in TSD rallies here in BC, bought suspension upgrades during a club 'group purchase', and installed a shift kit (which transformed the car,) on the recommendation of a group member. Sadly that car has been gone for 10 years Failure of the ABS accumulator was the straw that broke the camel's back. I am reconnecting because I have uncovered a 'bra' for the Scorpio in a garage clear-out and when I received that I was also given one for the XR4Ti. They are free to a good home, ideally in BC, Canada (but can ship at your expense anywhere else). If you are in Victoria, just come and pick them up. Following the Scorpio I bought a 2001 BMW 525i. I've had that for almost ten years. Also have a Lotus Europa. Of course I do :shock: Cheers, John Taylor.
John Taylor
88 Scorpio, 200,000 KM