General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
Bob Weir
Level 7
Level 7

Re: New Member

Post by Bob Weir »

Chezboat24

Welcome to the group. Although use of this website is free, a paid membership enables many more features of the website as well as MCA benefits. Fortunately, you can get a FREE 1 year membership, a $20.oo value. After you complete the application, I'll email you a "Welcome to the MCA" informational letter.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=30034

Bob
Chezboat24

Post by Chezboat24 »

Thanks, Bob. I'll look into it.
Chezboat24

Post by Chezboat24 »

Seems to be leaking fuel from the tank when parked uphill. Just keep adding to the list haha
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

Chezboat24 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:48 am Seems to be leaking fuel from the tank when parked uphill. Just keep adding to the list haha
Well if you need something to write about for some school paper you have a topic. Watch that Jim Rome video on youtube about the 10 worst cars of all time (he thinks his old XR should have been on it.
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
Chezboat24

Post by Chezboat24 »

That's always a good sign. It looks to be at the rear because I turned the car around (facing downhill) and it's no longer leaking.

Edit: So that was a lie. It's just plain leaking gas now lol
Chezboat24

Post by Chezboat24 »

Thanks for your help, all. I decided the money needed to put into it wasn't worth it for me right now. I decided to just sell it and it's going to a better home. The car was fun for the week of ownership but it's probably not the car for me long-term.

Thanks again.