Reintroductions

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
JeromeSt

Reintroductions

Post by JeromeSt »

Most of you already know me from the MCOA Facebook group, but Facebook decided I am not worthy of their platform for reasons undisclosed so I am no longer able to post there. My name is Jereme, and I own a 1988 Merkur XR4Ti that was probably best known as "Scarlett."

I picked the car up in 2018 and have been throwing money and parts at it pretty much ever since, until August 2020 when the clutch cable got bound up in the guide tube halfway down a mountain. I parked it for a while and dug it out of mothballs a couple of weeks ago, throwing a new timing belt, a battery, and some dinosaur juice at it.

Since I've had it, the car went from non-running to running, got new suspension, brakes, wheels, tires, PiMP, tuning by Esteban, bigger turbo, new exhaust, solid steering rack bushings, and a slew of new/remanufactured/good used parts that it needed, like axles, rear diff, new diff mount bushes, etc etc.

If I haven't mentioned it, the plan is a long term restomod project that I could just as easily jump in and drive to work or to the track when it's all said and done, but for now, it's an absolute nugget with a lot of power and some natural weight reduction.
I might have brain damage. It's the only logical explanation for my crippling addiction to self inflicted p̵̡̡̰͖̞̼̬͈̫̂ ̷̥̙̝̖̭̟̒̈́ä̶̝̣̪̮̤̗̯̪̥̘́́͛̍̚ ̸̥̤͍̌́̐̀̈͒̿́̈́͠į̸̨̢̺̗͇͚̲͍̩̽͊̌̽ ̶͉̆̓͘n̶̗͎̙͖̘̯̄͛
merkurdriver
Level 8

Re: Reintroductions

Post by merkurdriver »

Car sounds fun! :cheers
Bob Weir
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Bob Weir »

Welcome to the forums. Congrats on your completed repairs / improvements. Hope everything goes as planned for your XR's restoration and enjoyment.

Bob

PS One of the biggest benefits of the forums is the existing knowledge base and the ability to search the results of a search. So much better than Facebook. And you'll also hear from a lot of people who don't participate much or anything on Facebook.
my8950
Level 7
Level 7

Post by my8950 »

JeromeSt wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:40 pm Most of you already know me from the MCOA Facebook group, but Facebook decided I am not worthy of their platform for reasons undisclosed so I am no longer able to post there. My name is Jereme, and I own a 1988 Merkur XR4Ti that was probably best known as "Scarlett."
Good to see your name again, it's been a while.