Photo on main page- HIJACKED THREAD!!!!!!

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
turbopower
Level 1
Level 1

Post by turbopower »

dallas/ft worth area was a close second w/ 105 degrees last weekend.
the sad thing is my kids was playing championship in soccer that same weekend :(
`john
88' XR, 86' SVO, 86' Cosworth
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Ed Lijewski wrote:Continuing this hijacking...on Extreme Makeover--How'd They Do That last night on ABC, there was a scene involving dedication of a Native American military veterans meeting house built by the crew (a real tearjerker) at which Rick Renzi spoke a few and looked important. Couldn't help thinking: only add a coupla' pounds from special deserts snuck in the kitchen between Maitre'D-ing and there could be JTB. Hell, you're already in the area, might as well move on up the feeding ladder to the next rung. Maitre'D/Representative of Congress: each has to smile at everyone and laugh at their jokes while feeding them puffery. :wink:

YMMV 8)
On a related note (don't know about this one, but you'd be amazed at the regulars who used to frequent that steak house I used to run), last night there was a seven-top that came in, and this one woman thought she was "all that." She didn't like this; she didn't like that. She went through two desserts that she sent back, and I wasn't about to bring her a third. Her requests fell on deaf ears. She was so shocked, she started sputtering and quivering like a Fembot getting mojoed by Austin Powers. Later on, one of the men pulled me aside and presented me with a crisp $50 bill. "That was beautiful," he goes. Hmmm. I see a Master Card "priceless" commercial in there somewhere! :lol:
This is my car, and these are my people!
1989 XR4Ti 5-Speed
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 5-Speed
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

John Brennan wrote:
Ed Lijewski wrote:Continuing this hijacking...on Extreme Makeover--How'd They Do That last night on ABC, there was a scene involving dedication of a Native American military veterans meeting house built by the crew (a real tearjerker) at which Rick Renzi spoke a few and looked important. Couldn't help thinking: only add a coupla' pounds from special deserts snuck in the kitchen between Maitre'D-ing and there could be JTB. Hell, you're already in the area, might as well move on up the feeding ladder to the next rung. Maitre'D/Representative of Congress: each has to smile at everyone and laugh at their jokes while feeding them puffery. :wink:

YMMV 8)
On a related note (don't know about this one, but you'd be amazed at the regulars who used to frequent that steak house I used to run), last night there was a seven-top that came in, and this one woman thought she was "all that." She didn't like this; she didn't like that. She went through two desserts that she sent back, and I wasn't about to bring her a third. Her requests fell on deaf ears. She was so shocked, she started sputtering and quivering like a Fembot getting mojoed by Austin Powers. Later on, one of the men pulled me aside and presented me with a crisp $50 bill. "That was beautiful," he goes. Hmmm. I see a Master Card "priceless" commercial in there somewhere! :lol:

I wonder what he'd have put in your pocket if you took her in the back (so to speak) and gave her a real going over! :wink: He might have had to run to the ATM and use his overdraft. :P :wink:

YMMV 8)
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

You want just more hear Ztee about. :wink:

YMMV 8)
AlexD
Level 7
Level 7

Post by AlexD »

Ztee get you're Sexy ass over here :lol:
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

"Later on, one of the men pulled me aside and presented me with a crisp $50 bill."

Hmmmm. That's just about enough to get one Big VAM out of hock. :P :wink:

YMMV 8)
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Well... :lol: ..you're right, except that there are a bunch of other things that need her attention before I even think of re-upping the power, which BTW, as I've said before, is really not too shabby with just the big exhaust and the Gillis. I promised myself that I would devote resources to foundational items such as suspension, driveline, and yes, even some cosmetic and appearance stuff, like that dash, and those seats, etc., before I go back to that. Plus, as we discussed in the "oil" roast--er, thread ("Oo-oohh!"), I just think that with this many years and miles, trying to coax more ponies out of her might lead to some kind of catastrophic/premature failure that I'm not ready to deal with. I'd like to rebuild or replace (and I'm sure it's no secret I wouldn't turn down a good deal on a V8/T5 combo) first, aaannnd--- I would really prefer to ditch VAM's altogether and go with some kind of stand-alone. 8)
1989 XR4Ti 5-Speed
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 5-Speed
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
ztee24
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ztee24 »

it's ok Alex..it happens to me all the time :(
wilky
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wilky »

John Brennan wrote:Well... :lol: ..you're right, except that there are a bunch of other things that need her attention before I even think of re-upping the power, which BTW, as I've said before, is really not too shabby with just the big exhaust and the Gillis. I promised myself that I would devote resources to foundational items such as suspension, driveline, and yes, even some cosmetic and appearance stuff, like that dash, and those seats, etc., before I go back to that. Plus, as we discussed in the "oil" roast--er, thread ("Oo-oohh!"), I just think that with this many years and miles, trying to coax more ponies out of her might lead to some kind of catastrophic/premature failure that I'm not ready to deal with. I'd like to rebuild or replace (and I'm sure it's no secret I wouldn't turn down a good deal on a V8/T5 combo) first, aaannnd--- I would really prefer to ditch VAM's altogether and go with some kind of stand-alone. 8)
Just bust your ass in your business ventures & buy my Cossie John - you'll be in heaven.

Wilky
Seeking relationship with sexy lady Merkur owner (send pic of Merkur).
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Well, that's for damned sure! I think I'd probably park it in the living room-- I wouldn't want it out of my sight! :P :P :P
1989 XR4Ti 5-Speed
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 5-Speed
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

"This is my car, and these are my people!"

I :?: about this for the last few days certain that it was incomplete but unsure how/why. Now :idea: :!: I've got it :!: : this should follow JTB's motto: "Molon Labe" :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :wink:

YMMV 8)
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

I think my brother-in-law already has that one! The "my car" part, BTW, is plural-- and inclusive. It means the kind or model of car. As the finest example of 'my car', the Cossie, were I to replace my XR4Ti with it, would certainly fall under that categorization. Should no one be allowed to replace their car? What about its parts? Is it OK with you if we replace some of those?

Oh-- and cars may come and go, but people are not cars...they are not sold or replaced. At least not by me.
1989 XR4Ti 5-Speed
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 5-Speed
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

I still chuckle for minutes when I think of how adding that would look and possibly understood by others:

"This is my car. And these are my people. Molon Labe [Come and get them.]" It's possible to read that in at least two ways, maybe more. The double entendre is rich with history (appropriate to your Greek ancestry) and with irony about us and our cars which we defend to the death--although maybe some of both should just move on instead of manning the ramparts and fighting that Greek bastard, Merkur. You are in charge of the defenses and troops. But, what exactly is your message or battle cry :?: :lol: :lol: :wink:

[Is that Alex I hear grumbling or moaning....:?:....maybe it's just his stomach. Oh, well :P ]

YMMV 8)
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Alex Ya gotta go to Carlisle for dinner they're having baked Ztee for an entree
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

And it should LOOK good :P