Carlisle 2006--New MCA Award Categories

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Carlisle 2006--New MCA Award Categories

Post by Ed Lijewski »

My recommendations:

"Most Supportive Wife"

-- Man, will they appreciate us, and maybe even tolerate our Merkur addiction more, if we add this category.

"Most Supportive Significant Other [female or male]"

-- This is needed for those who haven't yet made the civil/religious commitment.

"Member of the Year"

-- If we had this this year, Erik/Taryn Cotos would have deserved it for starting MerkurSport.

"Miss MCA Carlisle 2006"

-- Hey, the wives and SOs have their category above--this one's for the guys. {But I know/KNOW that many babes would support this, too!]

"2006 RatMerk"

-- I've said it before, I'll say it again: we need this category to acknowledge those who march to a different drummer.

Your ideas :?: :wink:

YMMV 8)
wilky
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wilky »

Yeah they're all good Ed but my recommendation would be something to award the efforts of the young 'uns. Some may lack in skills, experience and/or cash but damn they are enthusiastic!! Without them the Merkurs will die when us old farts do.

Wilky
Seeking relationship with sexy lady Merkur owner (send pic of Merkur).
Freejack
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Carlisle 2006--New MCA Award Categories

Post by Freejack »

Ed Lijewski wrote:
"Miss MCA Carlisle 2006"

-- Hey, the wives and SOs have their category above--this one's for the guys. {But I know/KNOW that many babes would support this, too!]
Taryn might win this one too...

Jake
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Wilky: Excellent. I shouldn't have overlooked that.

You've got your thinking cap on already, so suggest a name/title for one. How about this:

-- "Most Avid Furture Merkur Owner/Driver" ?

YMMV 8)
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Freejack wrote:
Ed Lijewski wrote:
"Miss MCA Carlisle 2006"

Taryn might win this one too...

Jake

Guess you didn't see Rob Booth's (Bloom's?) S.O.:---"Brandy." Hubba hubba :!: And she enters beauty contests all the time. :D :wink:

YMMV 8)
ztee24
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ztee24 »

Haahaa, you guys crack me up.

I guess they will work on their awards for next year! haahaa. 8)
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Ed Lijewski wrote:My recommendations:

"Most Supportive Wife"

-- Man, will they appreciate us, and maybe even tolerate our Merkur addiction more, if we add this category.

"Most Supportive Significant Other [female or male]"

-- This is needed for those who haven't yet made the civil/religious commitment.

"Member of the Year"

-- If we had this this year, Erik/Taryn Cotos would have deserved it for starting MerkurSport.

"Miss MCA Carlisle 2006"

"2006 RatMerk"

-- I've said it before, I'll say it again: we need this category to acknowledge those who march to a different drummer.

Your ideas :?: :wink:

YMMV 8)

Add: "Most Unsupportive Wife or S.O."
[Note: Nominee need not be present to win.] :wink:

YMMV 8)
jasonty
Level 6
Level 6

Post by jasonty »

thats actually a VERY good idea and i dont know why it wasnt address in some form this year.

AlexD wrote:I know I have never been to carlisle before but what about next year, you have the best real cosse award, if there are any going next year, hey it's just a though. :wink:
jason yancey
stephens city va
87XR-88XR
NOVAMOG

"as long as you keep picking on me I will tend to mad post about me getting mad......"
SvoSierra
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SvoSierra »

AlexD wrote:I know I have never been to carlisle before but what about next year, you have the best real cosse award, if there are any going next year, hey it's just a though. :wink:
[gloomy]
Not to be a stick in the mud, but that would be the same winners each year since there are so few of them over here. We all want awards, and I of course was trying to think of a category I would have been competitive in.

Most improvement from previous year. At least each year the pool pf people would change. At some point, you really cant make THAT many more improvements. At my sluggish pace, I doubt I'll get much done before next year anyways.

We need to be careful we don't come up with an "everybody gets an award" award. That starts to lose purpose then.

Sorry, the weather's very gloomy here, and I'm not trying to bring people down, but trying to give more people the possibility of getting an award. The real Cossie award would do the oppisite and give VERY few people a possibility at it.
[/gloomy]
XR and Scorpio blower motor rebuilding, LED upgrades, XR lock service
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Add: "Farthest Heater Control Valve Toss" :D

Add: "Highest Two-Handed Cracked Head Jerk and Lift" :P

YMMV 8)
wilky
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wilky »

I agree with SVO Sierra (even though I own the only showroom stock (unmolested) Cossie RS). Perhaps an award for the tallest stack of empty Canadian beers cans on a Cossie wing would be more appropriate! :lol:

Wilky
Seeking relationship with sexy lady Merkur owner (send pic of Merkur).
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Ed Lijewski wrote: Add: "Highest Two-Handed Cracked Head Jerk and Lift" :P
Well, now, I think that's a gimme for Hugh, as he's the tallest, so I say we heave that one as well, kind of like "tossing the caber" at the Highland Games. Kilts optional. :D
This is my car, and these are my people!
1989 XR4Ti 5-Speed
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 5-Speed
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
MerkXRTurbo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MerkXRTurbo »

They should get junker XRs and have a timed head removal competition. :wink:
3" mandrel bent exhaust, Ported/Polished head, 1.89/1.57 valves, Gutted uppper/Knife edge lower intake, T3/T4, LA3, Big VAM, Cold air intake, 40bob header, Gillis valve, Forge BOV, Mustang SVO T5, Conquest intercooler, 20psi.
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

MerkXRTurbo wrote:They should get junker XRs and have a timed head removal competition. :wink:
Followed by the "Quickest Essy Head Install." I'll volunteer my car ("hey, where'd he go? He didn't stay to accept his prize..."). :twisted:
This is my car, and these are my people!
1989 XR4Ti 5-Speed
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 5-Speed
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
SvoSierra
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SvoSierra »

MerkXRTurbo wrote:They should get junker XRs and have a timed head removal competition. :wink:
Take a lot of space, but that would be a cool competition. No power tools allowed. ;) Haha! I can see it now, most car clubs have auto crosses and drag races, Merkur people have disassembly competitions!!

We need to save the junker Merkur's though if possible. The MCA should buy an old hanger somewhere in BFE and we all stock it with JY Merkurs from members. I know the logistics are nearly impossible to work out (legalities and crap), but we can all dream. :roll:
XR and Scorpio blower motor rebuilding, LED upgrades, XR lock service