Sweet New MCA Front Page

General discussion relating to club happenings and items related to Merkurs in general such as "Merkur sightings". If you just signed on, please feel to start a new thread and introduce yourself here. Posts specifically regarding either the XR4Ti or Scorpio should go in those specific forums. Feel free to make suggestions on improving this forum here as well.
Merkur Club web site
John Brennan
Level 8

Sweet New MCA Front Page

Post by John Brennan »

Hey, nice new front page, gang! Those Roush Merkurs make me wanna cry, they're so beautiful-- thanks! :D 8)
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
wilky
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wilky »

I'm with you John - those cars are sooo sweeet!

The museum sounds like a great venue for a Merkur cruise/event/meet eh!!

Wilky
Seeking relationship with sexy lady Merkur owner (send pic of Merkur).
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

NOICE! :D
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

FWIW (I guess I can let the cat out of the bag at this point), we almost had that car at Carlisle last year - I actually had the direct confirmation from the president of Roush Performance in that regard. But then he left the firm and Roush decided not to have a presence at Carlisle at all. Those two things conspired against the car getting there. :(

We've talked about wrapping some sort of Merkur gathering around a visit to this and Ford's museum - it is certainly something that I think would be worthwhile.
wilky
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wilky »

Well, if we can't get the car to Carlisle maybe we could get Carlisle to the car by making it a stop off opint for the BIG convoy?? Anyone know how far off route this would be and how many of us are interested in making it a major meeting point on the way to Carlisle??

Wilky
xrian
Level 7
Level 7

Post by xrian »

Count me in! I can't make it to Carlisle '06 but would do everything in my power to visit the Roush cars.
Wilky, need a co-driver?
wilky wrote:Well, if we can't get the car to Carlisle maybe we could get Carlisle to the car by making it a stop off opint for the BIG convoy?? Anyone know how far off route this would be and how many of us are interested in making it a major meeting point on the way to Carlisle??

Wilky
Ian G-J
Ontario, Canada
wesvailco
Level 4
Level 4

Post by wesvailco »

-umm...just a note, the "roush" XR4ti is located in north carolina. quite a distance from carlisle...

oh the edit: the museum has been in the process of being moved for the last 3 years since the concord race shop has built. the XR has been moved to concord, just like 80% of the collection.
wilky
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wilky »

Bugger!

Oh well, lets go there anyway!

Wilky
xr4racing

Post by xr4racing »

Dear wesvailco,

I just took those photos of the XR4Ti at the Roush museum (actually referred to as the collection) in Livonia a few weeks ago. The XR4 is in there with about 200 other cars of significance. I guess they've got something in North Carolina too but I've never been there.

Are you saying there's another XR4Ti there??? Funny that my Roush contacts Susan Roush or Larry or Jim or Tony or Chris have never mentioned it.

OK well I am aware of a second car (since Brad's already let the cat out of the bag) that I've seen also.. but it's not in North Carolina either. Can anybody please confirm there's a 3rd in North Carolina??

Brad mentioned it briefly but we could use this post/topic to guage if there is enough interest to warrant setting up a club event in the Detroit area. I only had about 45 minutes at Roush and could have spent half a day. I'd also like to see the Ford Greenfield Village museum and it looks like you could spend a couple of days there. Check out www.hfmgv.org and let us know if this is something you all would be interested in doing. Say a 3 day 2 night Merkur Club hotel/tour thing. And mention what timeframe (month) might work. We know it ain't the first week in June!

If there's enough interest I'd help set something up. The gals and kids would certainly be welcome.

Peter
Last edited by xr4racing on Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wilky
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wilky »

Great news Peter that there is still lots to interest us XR freaks in Livonia! If the BIG Carlisle convoy isn't interested in dropping by for the day then a separate Merkur meet there would probably attract quite a few folks. I only live an hour away & would be happy to open my house to anyone who want's a bed, beer, BBQ, etc.. I am in Canada though so the border crossing may be a hassle.

Wilky
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

I don't know Peter, maybe you took a wrong turn on the Interstate and you were actually in North Carolina. :lol:

And unless you talked to Jack, well, I don't know - maybe all 200 of those cars you think you saw were a mirage! :twisted:

Party at Wilky's house!!!!! 8)
wesvailco
Level 4
Level 4

Post by wesvailco »

a friend of mine went to roush in NC for a meeting. he said that "one of 'dem funky cars you drive was in 'dare." he said it was red and white and fo' sure a race car. i went on to say, "cool, wish i could've seen it". conversation ended about race car. he is/was a telemetry tech(?) with goodyear and worked at roush for some time, this was back in 2001.
-just going on what i heard, had no idea pete went last week. if i'm wrong so be it, but i think my friend saw a racing XR in NC.