Who's going to Carlisle?

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 4-6, 2004.
Merkur Club web site
pyropete125
Level 7
Level 7

Post by pyropete125 »

is it an excuse? no it is just the reason if it doesnt go. hey maybe ill put it all back together and it will run perfect, lol... oh wait its a merkur.. nevermind...

i just wish it would warm up a bit so i could work on it more. i did buy a 50,000 BTU propane bullet heater for my garage...lol.

it just seems that i have no time between work and school now. and 2 nights a week i have been djing at a club... so those nights are taken, and the other nights im too beat or doing papers. <--- those are excuses.

thank god the PITA girlfriend is gone, her christmas present became my g force gearset.

ill i seem to do is buy more parts and fab up more things. its like a never ending cycle. now since i got the cossie bumper i want to do the cossie side arches and wing... there goes another grand at least. luckily im still very good friends with the owner of the body shop i used to work at so whe it comes time for paint ill be getting hooked up pretty good even for the materials. i plan on doing all the bodywork and prep in my booth at work, but bringing it to a real shop to have somebody else who does it all the time spray the topcoats. its going black again so i will be making the body perfect, im sure literally ill have 100+ hours in the bodywork when im all done.

as you all know, its a never ending cycle until you dont own the car anymore.

pete
89 xr4ti, LOTS'O'MODS. PICS OF MY XR, FOLVO STUFF, AND...
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

Pyro, Wow!! Ok now I understand!!! no excuses...just life huh?. Hey do you know Peter Orlinski?? I'm not sure if he's your neck of the woods, but I'm sure you could both benefit from each other's knowledge!! 8)
Your a dj? how long? what kind of music do you spin? I've dj'd since 85! haven't really played much in the last 2-3 years though. :(
pyropete125
Level 7
Level 7

Post by pyropete125 »

i talked via email to peter hes in waterbury and im in west haven... about 45 min apart. hopefully ill meet up with him sometime.

ive been djing for about 3 years or so. i play pretty much every form of house, mostly deep,tech, progressive, tribal. dirty rolling baselines are my thing. i play some breaks and some loungy ambient stuff also depending on where i am, time of the night, and what type of people are there. i even have a awesome crate of all old speed garage that i pull form once in a while. i like all tyes of music but thats all i spin. i play 98% vinyl, thogh i do own a cdj-1000. its hard having a vinyl addiction, and im sure you know its an addiction, and trying to buy all the car part goodies you want also. its even harder trying to get into clubs around here in new haven/ bridegport/ south norwalk, since the crowds just want to hear all the pop crap they play [party 105/ KTU/ etc] on the radio, which they feel is the best and only 'techno'. all the owners or managers i have met care about is the bigger crowd and how many drink they are buying, except where i play. the owner is/was a dj and understands what its like to be a dj. he opened it just to have a good club for music in new haven.

something tells me id love to start going through some your records.

pete
jasonty
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Who's going to Carlisle?

Post by jasonty »

ill be there w/2 cars.let the drinking begin!

fastmaul wrote:Ok, let's have a show of hands who's going to Carlisle? I'm asking cause I feel as if we have built here a very small tight group as opposed to the
other forums that have a gazillion members! so I'd like to meet the ones I don't know yet. :lol: :lol:
jason yancey
stephens city va
87XR-88XR
NOVAMOG

"as long as you keep picking on me I will tend to mad post about me getting mad......"
ztee24
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ztee24 »

Yeah, Fastmaul is talking about going, but so far we haven't booked a hotel room yet! Hahahaha!
Hopefully, I can win something....but my main concern is the tracks! Where the real fun begins! :lol:
With Phils work, I am ready to blow away some of you people! :lol:
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Well you better kick that husband of yours into gear, then! :wink:
I'm a BIG procrastinator & even I have my room booked...thats when you know its time...
Honestly, though, it seems like this is the earliest the rooms for Carlisle are "running low" already -- its only February!
pyropete125
Level 7
Level 7

Post by pyropete125 »

if my hunk of $hit is running id like to say ill be a force to be reconded with, no offence to other merkur owners.
plasticman
Level 3
Level 3

Post by plasticman »

ztee24 wrote:Yeah, Fastmaul is talking about going, but so far we haven't booked a hotel room yet! Hahahaha!
Hopefully, I can win something....but my main concern is the tracks! Where the real fun begins! :lol:

Im game :twisted: wait is it twisties or drag racing, I am not sure if I would look good in drag!!! BTW it was nice meeting you and Eric this weekend...
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

plasticman wrote:
ztee24 wrote:Yeah, Fastmaul is talking about going, but so far we haven't booked a hotel room yet! Hahahaha!

Im game :twisted: wait is it twisties or drag racing, I am not sure if I would look good in drag!!! BTW it was nice meeting you and Eric this weekend...
Don't know matt, with those blue eyes and all! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: twisties,drag, thumb wrestling...hahaha 8) Yeah dude, cool meeting ya too! I think I want your rims now :P I'll give ya a call later.
-Erik
plasticman
Level 3
Level 3

Post by plasticman »

Sounds good. I am going to pull the car over to a friends and get the 5-lug stuff swapped over this weekend.
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

ok got off my butt and booked the room :D
phild765
Level 6
Level 6

Be there or be square

Post by phild765 »

I will be there Thursday to set up for vending all day Friday, Satuday and most of Sunday. Trying to get a 4th space so I have more room for parts, cars, and people!
Check out our new Groove oriented web radio station: http://www.thebocx.com
pyropete125
Level 7
Level 7

Post by pyropete125 »

ive never been to carlisle sooo can you just walk around with beers?

well i dont usually drink beer, so ill be walking around with my grey goose gimlets, hehe.

though im drinking a guinness right now... mmmm

pete
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

Pyro, if you don't get to take your car down, I'm pretty sure you can ask one of your fellow CT merk peeps about a possible ride 8)
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

pyropete125 wrote:ive never been to carlisle sooo can you just walk around with beers?

well i dont usually drink beer, so ill be walking around with my grey goose gimlets, hehe.

though im drinking a guinness right now... mmmm

pete
I'm not sure what Carlisle Productions "official" policy is on alcohol, but nobody's ever had an issue cracking open a cold one on the show field, and I can assure you it's been done with some frequency. Certainly, it's a favorite past-time back at the hotel parking lot. :)

It is however a PA state law that Guinness must be shared... 8)

Legal disclaimer... :roll: MCA neither endorses nor recommends driving while under the influence of alcoholic beverages.