Who's going to Carlisle?

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 4-6, 2004.
Merkur Club web site
pyropete125
Level 7
Level 7

Post by pyropete125 »

hows the saying go... "its a good thing you have to sit down to drive because i couldnt stand up and do it"

i dont want this to get into a drinking and driving hijack, i meant it only to be funny. i dont drink and drive.
It is however a PA state law that Guinness must be shared...
hmmm must have missed that one. i guess ill have to bring a few cases then.

pete
89 xr4ti, LOTS'O'MODS. PICS OF MY XR, FOLVO STUFF, AND...
ztee24
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ztee24 »

actually Fastmaul....I booked the room! hhahahahaha! :lol:

Plasticman....nice meeting you too. Hows the weather all the way out there!?!??! :lol:
Nice day out today!
plasticman
Level 3
Level 3

Post by plasticman »

It is raining here. :( .... I was hoping to wire the standalone this week, but that may not happen. Bummer. On the bright side it is getting warmer and I have a place to work on the car..
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

What's the deal on lodging for Carlisle? Are there likely to be hotels nearby with vacancies for those of us who don't pre-book them? And can you get your car onto the showfield if you don't preregister for the show?

Colin
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

What was it the Irish guy said to William Wallace just before the first battle scene in Braveheart? Something about talking to the Lord...
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Colin wrote:What's the deal on lodging for Carlisle? Are there likely to be hotels nearby with vacancies for those of us who don't pre-book them? And can you get your car onto the showfield if you don't preregister for the show?

Colin
It is very UNlikley that there will be any hotel rooms nearby. If you happen to get lucky and find one, figure on $150/night. I would suggest that you just go ahead and reserve a room. I believe you will have the option to cancel without consequence - just double-check to be sure.

You can register your car on the day of the show, but it is more expensive to do it that way, and you'll have to wait on line to get your paperwork filled out. So yes, it is an option, but clearly not the best one.
pyropete125
Level 7
Level 7

Post by pyropete125 »

are the rooms still reserved? i think im too late :( ... now that i have some money to booke them.

pete
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

pyropete125 wrote:are the rooms still reserved? i think im too late :( ... now that i have some money to booke them.

pete
There were still a few left when I spoke with the hotel last Friday. Do you have a credit card? That's all you need to hold the room.
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

Taryn called and booked our room, they only had doubles...I guess we're going to be monkeys and jump from bed to bed! LOL!! Finding a hotel Nearby with out reserving?? you'll have better luck looking for gold in your closest river! I also sent in to pre reg our cars, I did for 2. Taking your car and reg it the same day will be around $45, for the 3 days and 1 person with you in the car.
pyropete125
Level 7
Level 7

Post by pyropete125 »

ill call first thing tomorrow... i though you had to pay for them now... lol

pete
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

pyropete125 wrote:ill call first thing tomorrow... i though you had to pay for them now... lol

pete
If you don't get a room, I'll let you keep the cooler with the Guiness in my room. It's the least I could do... :lol:
pyropete125
Level 7
Level 7

Post by pyropete125 »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:
pyropete125 wrote:ill call first thing tomorrow... i though you had to pay for them now... lol

pete
If you don't get a room, I'll let you keep the cooler with the Guiness in my room. It's the least I could do... :lol:
thanks for the offer but the cooler will have a nice place to stay in my room, though i may need a place for all the empties 8)

pete
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

How are the prospects for tenting it? Being a Boy Scout, I wouldn't mind that. I just don't want to sleep in the car. :lol:

Colin
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
mhamilton
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mhamilton »

I will be there with my Modified 88 XR. I will try to defend my 1st place trophy. :o
webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

Colin - there are camping grounds right adjacent to the fairgraound. There are always Merkur owners that camp there. George Schults (GRSalesMonster1@aol.com) I know is planning to camp again this year.

In previous years the hotel has been 40 minutes or so and a couple of Interstates from the showgrounds. It is then quite a haul from the show out to the hotel for the Friday night parking lot/get to know each other activities and the Saturday night banquet. This year we have decided to relocate to another hotel only 3 miles miles from the showgrounds so it will be a lot easier for the campers to get to the hotel and meet up with everybody.

Paul