Who's going to Carlisle?

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 4-6, 2004.
Merkur Club web site
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Just make sure they have some airline tickets! Things will get better; they already are, but not soon enough for this May, I'm afraid... :cry:

But thanks for wanting me to be there-- that's cool 8) . It'll happen.
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

Dang John do we ALL have to drive to AZ!! just so we can hang out!!! Hmmmm sounds like a plan 8)
pyropete125
Level 7
Level 7

Post by pyropete125 »

im 90% sure ill be there. my xr is another story :(

pete
89 xr4ti, LOTS'O'MODS. PICS OF MY XR, FOLVO STUFF, AND...
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

Pete, I'm really interested in seeing your engine! can ya show us some picts! what else do you need for the XR to go to Carlisle? maybe you can hook up with Peter Orlinski and the other CT Merks? :D
tannehilln
Level 4
Level 4

Post by tannehilln »

I'll be there, got hotle reservations and registered with Carlisle. The only question is will the XR be ready or will I have to use a Scorpio
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

fastmaul wrote:that's it? so far there have been 29 views, and only 5 answers?? :? If your not going you could at least say your not going :?
Carlisle? Yawn, scratch/scratch, sigh, burp/belch.

All in good time. But this is mid-February, and for those with diverse tastes and hobbies, the anticipation of exciting things to come isn't only about Merkurs: Bike Week 2004 at Daytona is up next, 2/28-3/7. If anyone doesn't know what this is all about, it's the destination and Party Central Non-Stop for hundreds of thousands (over 500,000) of bikers and wannabes; see esp. Photo Gallery in the link below: the first hottie whose picture comes up ("The Ladies") made thousands of pairs of loins tremble for days when she rode through Main Street in that thong and knee-high boots on her own chopper—this babe was not only a looker but could RIDE, and the combo blew male minds (term used loosely) each circuit she made of Main Street. To Die For!

http://www.bikeweek.com

Now, if only Carlisle could be like this. :lol:
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

ED, Maybe if this was a BIKE forum that would get me excited...
yawn,scratch,boring....well everything you've posted so far has surely shown that is what you are. :roll:
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Wow, I would love it if there could be a get- together here. We could go driving on some roads that would take your breath away!
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

What is this thing "Carlisle" you speak of??? :?

Okay, you talked me into it, I guess I'll go... :lol:

For those of you not yet registered, remember that discounted pre-registration expires on February 29th!!!

Also, if any of you would like to provide input on Carlisle, we'll be having a planning session/lunch/Ferrari Challenge/NASCAR Silicon Speedway event at the Palisades Mall on Feb 29th. Hmmm, I need to post some stuff in the Events section about that....
pyropete125
Level 7
Level 7

Post by pyropete125 »

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse. ... ted=247905

thats all i have posted. gotta get my digital camera back.

"what do i need to get my xr to carlisle?" a trailer and a tow vehicle. :roll:

i just dont trust it. honestly. to many modifications, too much power, too much to break, to much everything.... and too far to walk home.

pete
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

pyropete125 wrote:http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse. ... ted=247905

thats all i have posted. gotta get my digital camera back.

"what do i need to get my xr to carlisle?" a trailer and a tow vehicle. :roll:

i just dont trust it. honestly. to many modifications, too much power, too much to break, to much everything.... and too far to walk home.

pete
Don't be a wuss - deadlines are a good thing. :lol: I always use the Carlisle date as a deadline to get things completed on the car. Last year was a bit ridiculous however, as the engine was on a hoist 4 days before I had to leave. I quite literally had to stop at the junkyard on the way to Carlisle to pick up a couple missing parts.

Plus, you can have the added safety net of traveling with a convoy to and from Carlisle so you won't have to walk home!
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

pyropete125 wrote: "what do i need to get my xr to carlisle?" a trailer and a tow vehicle. :roll:

pete
Really??Too much power?? That one of the main reasons why I would bring mine!! just curious then since you don't trust it, do you drive it?(besides around the block?) :?
pyropete125
Level 7
Level 7

Post by pyropete125 »

ive never been more than 30 miles from my house in it. in the year ive owned it ive always been able to 'limp' it home. ive gotten about 700 miles driven in the year or so ive owned it, about 3 tanks of gas. though 7500 rpm [my sds rev limit] in 4th my speedo was past 150mph, and if you do the math, i was doing about that, so they have been some very hard miles.

it doesnt have 'too much power' so to say [maybe it will when i get my essy oval head on =)], but it is too much to be reliable in my opinon. im positive im in the 300+RWHP club now, especially since ive been running 26lbs of boost :shock: , maybe thats why its broke now, but it will be better when its all back together.

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse. ... ted=275091

i cant wait, its going on with the SC-61 turbo i have, je pistons, crower 5.5 rods and a few other goodies.... hopefully i become a memeber of the 500+ RWHP club with all this =), maybe the elusive 600 club with a little giggle gas.

i should have my gforce gearset next week sometime so hopefully that will bullet proof my T5. the 8.8 IRS is 95% done so hopefully that takes care of that. when the tranny is out im sending my SPEC 3/3 clutch back under warrentee hopefully, but i want to upgrade it to whatever is their max hp clutch is. my fiero rack conversion is about 75% done so thats one less leak. im about 75% done with my chevy lt1 electric evac pump setup. im finishing up collecting the rear disk conversion and i have everything for the front with the PBR calipers. i just got the ground pounder coil overs fot the front and im waiting for back springs and i have KYBs too.

who's sig is it "if i replce everything its just like a new car" ? lol this may be true for me :roll:

pete
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

<Excuse Alert!> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sure there will be several XR's with Over 300hp that will be driven there! 8)
Cozz
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Cozz »

pyropete125, congrats on your project so far. At least somebody is making progress. I wanna see that thing fly by the NJ turnpike.
60-1, ATR manifold, modded Conquest IC, 3.5" custom upper, fully gutted lower, Crower rods with all the goodies, Dimond ash strays, 3" exhuast, 30 PSI+ baby!