Rapido group on the show field II

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 4-6, 2004.
Merkur Club web site
jasonty
Level 6
Level 6

Rapido group on the show field II

Post by jasonty »

Sorry i started this damn post......forgot the politics involved ...and the thread hijacking of other people on the list.just thought id try and help get the vendor back.NOT THE BS.im finished.
jason yancey
stephens city va
87XR-88XR
NOVAMOG

"as long as you keep picking on me I will tend to mad post about me getting mad......"
mhamilton
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mhamilton »

Geez that last thread was...uh...

I joined the MCA in about April 2001. I have been to Carlisle in '01, '02, '03, and will be there this year. Although I am not new to Merkurs, I am new to the MCA. I have, since the beginning, heard the "stories" about a rift between Rapido and MCA. I don't pay any mind to them. I rather enjoyed the Rapido Welcome Center in the hotel and the post-banquet Rapido Room. Jay Ertl was inviting people to the post-banquet party, but didn't expect those who had already paid for their dinner not to go. Did anyone throw away their tickets due to Jays' influence? NO! The Rapido room was another great gathering and really nice for those who did not pre-pay for the banquet.

Anyway, I have a Rapido and MCA sticker on my car.

It seems the MCA is willing to get along. Does anyone know Russ to see if he is willing to support us? It would only be in his best interest from a business aspect.
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Rapido group on the show field II

Post by fastmaul »

jasonty wrote:Sorry i started this damn post......forgot the politics involved ...and the thread hijacking of other people on the list.just thought id try and help get the vendor back.NOT THE BS.im finished.
Jason posting a topic like that on HERE, what did you expect? flowers,candy holding hands and sing alongs? :roll:
If you forgot the politics then..that was a short reminder. Honestly I knew about Rapido, before I knew of MCA. I've never really had a problem with either well...maybe some:wink: I don't think the thread should of have been locked, but I guess feelings were hurt?
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

fastmaul wrote:I don't think the thread should of have been locked, but I guess feelings were hurt?
Not that I'm aware of. I'm just of the opinion that if two people have an issue with each other they should work it out in private - this board isn't meant to be "Dr. Phil"! :wink:

Back on topic.... I would encourage Rapido and any Merkur vendor to get a booth in the vendor area at Carlisle, as OPMD has done for several years. As has been stated before, commercial vendors are not permitted in the show field area per se. However, MCA has zero authority in that regard - Carlisle Productions has 100% of the authority, as it is their show, their facility, their rules.

Regarding sponsorship of the dinner, artwork, t-shirts, web-site, etc, I would also encourage any Merkur vendor to participate. I will be coordinating that effort again this year, and could use all the help I can get. They can contact me directly at brad.anesi@netiq.com.
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

"Ohh, Lo-ord, Koom- ba- yaaaa..." :roll:
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:
fastmaul wrote:I don't think the thread should of have been locked, but I guess feelings were hurt?
Not that I'm aware of. I'm just of the opinion that if two people have an issue with each other they should work it out in private - this board isn't meant to be "Dr. Phil"! :wink:
Sorry Brad, I Just disagree! The Issue wasn't personal, It WAS MCA related! I am sure that there are others who would agree with what I wrote, but then again Those who don't like the MCA don't come here do they?. This is a great Forum and if people have to express opinions then I think you should let them. No body was threatend with violence or anything that would justify it being locked. The V8 question in a XR was asked, people had different opinions and at even a little 'heated' but it was left unlocked. LIKE I SAID, FEELINGS GOT HURT :roll:
Ok, let's get back to having some fun! 8)
Dave Weiner

Post by Dave Weiner »

Jason

Rapido, as mentioned, has been asked each year to be a sponsor, but has declined for the past several years. That is their decision and they are entitled to spend their money any way they desire. Everyone should respect that right.

What I find odd is that Russ, to my knowledge has not been to Carlisle in a number of years if ever for the All-Fords National, but has gone to Carlise for the Import Event when Rapido is almost exclusively known for a Merkur product line. Not to attend the largest gathering of Merkurs in the world is strange especially when attending another Carlise event that attracts very few Merkurs. No you don't need a vendor booth to attend.

Also what is so important that whatever Rapido does is a "secret" with some people have been sworn to secrecy about their upcoming Carlisle Plans. Its only a car show. I think that is the issue more than anything else.

But thanks for starting the subject.
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Dave Weiner wrote: Also what is so important that whatever Rapido does is a "secret" with some people have been sworn to secrecy about their upcoming Carlisle Plans. Its only a car show. I think that is the issue more than anything else.
Okay, I'm not really "sworn to secrecy" :lol: I just don't like to open my mouth and say details when they are not final, or really myplace to say...
Fact is, Rapido is there (Carlisle)every year - just maybe not exactly in the form that some of us hope. I agree that Russ shoulda made it out the the Ford show & not the Import show last year, but what can you (or I)do? I see both sides of this - I know both sides of this - that is why I do not have a "side". 8) Looking forward to seeing everyone at Carlsile this year!! Honest!!
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Well, now things have been finalized (as may of you on IMON already know) and Rapido (in conjuction with the Merkur Village group) will be represented at Carlsile when 2 lucky XRs (one from the US and one from CAN) get the Rapido Aluminum head instaled on them. This will NOT be a vendor booth, no parts for sale, etc. - but will be a showing of Rapido at Carlsile. . . and also something fun too see as a bunch of guys swap in these AL heads while busting knuckles Saturday morning.
Russ will not be at Carlsile due to a big local event the same weekend.
Hopefully this will just be one more thing for the Merkur owner to see at Carlisle and nothing more than that. I'm involved in the project, so any questions / criticism you can direct towards me, although I don't have
all the answers :wink:
-Mike
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Don't know if you all have had a good look at it, but I think Russ may well have a winner on his hands with this new head.
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

John, too bad Esslinger beat him too it!
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

I think of the two AL 2.3T heads in this respect:
Esslinger = More expensive, but a healthy performance upgrade
Rapido = Less expensive lightweight "replacement" head
Alright, I feel like I'm starting to sound like a salesperson, so I'd better stop :) Honestly, though, the stock XR here would get the Rapido head if it needed a new head....and either of the two modified XRs here would get the Esslinger head because I need the HP vs. $ return for those cars 8)
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

Mikey Ooo, I thought the Rapido one was supposed to be a Performance Upgrade!! Hmm learn something new everyday! 8)
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

No, he states quite plainly on his site that it flows "marginally better" than the stock head, but that accomodating larger valves and some porting is doable, and the real benefits that I see are improved cooling, with emphasis on the coolant passageways, and of course, light weight, durability, etc. I have had a hard time finding good used heads for the cars I have here, and I believe Rapido are trying to niche-market their head between what stock heads are left, and the more exotic and costly Essie head. As such, it looks well-thought-out, and should be an excellent solution for many of us.
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

John Brennan wrote:No, he states quite plainly on his site that it flows "marginally better" than the stock head
OK Dad :oops: can I still have my dessert after dinner! :lol: :lol: :lol: