GONNA BE THERE!!!

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 4-6, 2004.
Merkur Club web site
John Brennan
Level 8

GONNA BE THERE!!!

Post by John Brennan »

Due to the amazing generosity and resourcefulness of one "Wilky"...

I will be able to come to Carlisle! I absolutely cannot believe it...

But I'll be there, and I'm so elated I can't even tell you... I'll be arriving at the H-burg airport at about 0930 Friday morning, and going home Monday evening... thus, if anybody's gonna be swinging by around that time and can pick me up at the airport, it will be most appreciated. I'll have a bedroll, and will crash anywhere-- don't care... but when I got the news, I did a Michael-Schumacher-podium-leap-and-fist-pump, to be sure!

Wow!
This is my car, and these are my people!
1989 XR4Ti 5-Speed
2001 BMW Z3 3.0 5-Speed
2015 Fiesta ST 6-Speed
2015 Edge 3.5 V6 Auto/Paddles
Merkur

Post by Merkur »

Fantastic John! Glad we'll finally meet you.

Be sure to reserve a dinner ticket be eligible for over $3,000 of give-aways. There will be no tickets available to buy on the showfield since final numbers have to be given to the caterer five days before the event.

All the best,

Paul West
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

Woooo Hooooo!! Ok, Where's the peeps that live by Carlisle, let's help out John get to Carlisle from the Airport!!
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Thanks, guys, likewise... and yeah, I'd better see to the dinner reso as well as what all else I need to do...

Looking forward to it! 8)
1989 XR4Ti 5-Speed
2001 BMW Z3 3.0 5-Speed
2015 Fiesta ST 6-Speed
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

John I've figured out what you're up to buddy!! you're playing slick.....You're here to pick up the Scorpio aren't you?? hahahaha.
mhamilton
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mhamilton »

As Peter Griffith would say "Freakin' Sweet".

Make sure you get a ticket for the Saturday night dinner.
TheMadcap
Level 1
Level 1

Post by TheMadcap »

Alright John. I live about 15 min from HIA----> Harrisburgh International that is. Anyhow, I have to work that Friday night but was planning on attending the show in the morning. I could give you a ride to the fairgrounds without any trouble. If you are in need..give me a ring @ 717.689.0090 any time between now & then. I'll have my new Merk by then so we'll be able to ride on up in style!

Cheers!
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Oh, that's perfect, thanks-- I'll give 'ya a ring; my cell is 602-291-8050. Now, if anyone can use a 'roommate', let me know; I can help with the expense... you guys are all great, thanks a million! 8)
1989 XR4Ti 5-Speed
2001 BMW Z3 3.0 5-Speed
2015 Fiesta ST 6-Speed
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Great news John! I guess you'll be representing the "MCA Western Chapter", since Jim Wirt can't make it in from San Diego this year.

I'm sure we'll get you accomodated one way or the other. Just go here to make your dinner/t-shirt/membership reservation: http://www.merkurclub.com/carlisle_2k4/dinner_res.htm

There's no need for you to make a reservation with Carlisle Productions. You can ride into the show field with me or anyone else who's got an open front seat.

Transport back to the airport Monday night may be your only challenge. There's a chance that I may stay over Sunday night, but I'd likely be on the road Monday morning. Larry Hallenbeck often stays over Sunday night, so you might want to track him down. Worse case, I'm sure you could get a cab.
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Thanks again-- I'll be happy to represent the West-- and to assist in any way useful or necessary to do that. And I'm not too worried about getting back to H-burg. I can spend part or most of the day there if need be-- after all, I've never been there, and every town has something of interest to check out. 8)
1989 XR4Ti 5-Speed
2001 BMW Z3 3.0 5-Speed
2015 Fiesta ST 6-Speed
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

fastmaul wrote:John I've figured out what you're up to buddy!! you're playing slick.....You're here to pick up the Scorpio aren't you?? hahahaha.
Damn he didn't bite :?
I'm sure Ed L. would've loved to see you reply on this :wink:
MagentaRed
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MagentaRed »

John,

I'd be willing to share my room. Let me know if you are interested.

Scott
MCA Director of Communications
mhamilton
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mhamilton »

Shoulda-Coulda-Woulda... It would have been cool to fly into one of the I-70 convoy stops (St.Louis, Dayton, Columbus) and travel with the largest convoy.

We have one member who lives near Carlisle who is planning on travelling west to the I-70/I-76 lunch stop (in New Stanton, PA) at noon on Friday. That way he can travel with the convoy and live the experience.
"Head for the Hills, the Town of Lompach is Under Water!"
TheMadcap
Level 1
Level 1

Post by TheMadcap »

John---spend as little time in Harrisburg as possible, it is the most boring city in the US! :D
Craig Madsen

ride from Harrisburg airport??

Post by Craig Madsen »

My son is arriving at the Harrisburg, PA, airport Friday evening . . Is anyone else needing to get from there to the Clarion at that time? . . I believe the cab fare is $35-$40 . .
Craig..... cramadmerk@juno.com