Boss gave me wrong weekend off...no Carlisle for me :-(

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 4-6, 2004.
Merkur Club web site
MerkurScorpio
Level 5
Level 5

Boss gave me wrong weekend off...no Carlisle for me :-(

Post by MerkurScorpio »

Unfortunately, I was given the wrong weekend off at work and hired for a gig on Saturday June 5th (I'm a DJ) :x . Since the contracts are binding and this particular job already has a down payment, I have no way to get out of it. The fact that I was specifically requested for it also makes it impossible for me to switch with a coworker. Because the wedding I am working at is too far away from Carlisle (north of Scranton) I won't even be able to attend Friday night or Sunday afternoon, making this the first year since I bought my Scorpio that I won't be at Carlisle.

Needless to say it's disappointing :( , but I already asked for every weekend of June off next year so there will be no mistakes about which weekend I am given off :wink: . Only once a large poster bearing next year's dates is super-glued to my boss's desk and there is no threat of being given off the incorrect weekend will I open my June '05 schedule for gigs.

In any event, I hope everyone has a good time out there. I am looking into some shows in and around northeastern PA to see if any are Merkur-friendly. I will also be planning an autumn Merkur gathering as well as a big event announcement in the coming months (no hints until everything is planned...but it will be good) :shock: !

In closing, be safe, have fun and, of course, Happy Merkuring!

-PMVH
'89 Scorpio
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Well, that sucks, I'm sorry, but I understand the call of duty. Spin 'em well, give 'em a great wedding, and the universe will make it up to you.
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
MagentaRed
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MagentaRed »

Paul, I can't believe you won't be there. Maybe you could send the folks down in your Scorp to represent you.

Scott
MerkurScorpio
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MerkurScorpio »

Unfortunately my folks won't be able to make it down either, but I (along with my parents) will definitely be there in 2005.

Unfortunately, I am already booked the weekends of Bottle Hill Day and the BMW Euro Expo, but I am looking into some other events we might be able to meet up at, including a show over July 4th weekend. I'll have more details on this very soon. As for the BIG event announcement, it is still several weeks off. I can't give too much away about it since I'm still early in the development phase, but the event will likely be held in July or August of 2005.

Anyway, I hope you all have fun in Carlisle. Hope to see you all soon.

PMVH
'89 Merkur Scorpio
mhamilton
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mhamilton »

PMVH, I think you may have a "bug" and may need to call in sick.

"Yes boss, I think I have a 72 hour flu. It must be the nasty Carlisle strain, I should not be around people that have not been exposed previously. Symptoms include coughing, sneezing, and explaining simple German words"

Good Luck!
"Head for the Hills, the Town of Lompach is Under Water!"