Newsletter...

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 4-6, 2004.
Merkur Club web site
leesonic
Level 2
Level 2

Newsletter...

Post by leesonic »

Is there any reason why the Merkur club don't have a newsletter? Sure, the website is a great resource, but there's nothing like sitting out in the sun reading a good old fashioned piece of paper.

Any views or opinions? I would be more than happy to stand for Newsletter Editor if such a position was created within the board of directors.

Lee.
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

How much printer paper do you have, and how's the ink cartridge? :wink:
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
tannehilln
Level 4
Level 4

Post by tannehilln »

Come to Carlisle and you can get the new MCA Newsletter

Which will be sent to all members 4 times a year from now on.

Perhaps you would like to contribute to the new newsletter as well as read it
leesonic
Level 2
Level 2

Post by leesonic »

Sorry, didn't realise there was a newsletter, I didn't get one with my membership package, which I just found buried under a pile of magazines.

As for the "how much paper do I have", when I lived in England I used to be the editor for a local branch of the Capri Club. What I would do is produce a master copy, and then get more copies made by a local printing company. The club would reimburse my expenses from their funds. Here in the US, there are all manner of OfficeMax, Staples, and Kinkos to name but a few that can do this kind of work.

Our membership was small (less than 40 members), but I used to produce a magazine at least every two months, sometimes one a month. Our members would write "casebooks" about there cars, sometimes there would be show write ups, and other times we would reproduce articles from bygone car magazines. One I remember compared the Sierra XR4i to the Capri 2.8i, both cars using the same engines and gearboxes.

But enough of this. I look forward to picking up my magazine at Carlisle.

Lee.
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Just bustin' your chops, I have hundreds of books in my house, and I love to read. :wink: After looking over the MCA renewal packet in the mail the other day, I'm thinking I would probably be interested in contributing myself. 8)
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
richardcurtis
Level 6
Level 6

Post by richardcurtis »

I did produce three MCA newsletters back in 2002-2003... never got around to producing the fourth. If anyone out there IS doing a newsletter, please contact me offline and I'll forward you some articles/photos that you might find interesting.

lakehouse2@cox.net
Richard Curtis
Fairfax Station, Va. '89XR (gone to a new home but not forgotten)
mhamilton
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mhamilton »

I enjoyed the newsletters. The last few were available as a printable version off the website. At the time they were mailed to members without internet access (yes, they do exist). At that time I had internet access, but no printer. I did not get to print the last ones we had.

I nominate John Brennan for a newsletter writer.

And there was this one time at Carlisle... :roll: :lol:
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

We'll talk about it at the show. It sounds like fun to me.
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
tannehilln
Level 4
Level 4

Post by tannehilln »

All contributions will be welcome!!!

The special edition for Carlisle is just a warm up. Next edition is going in the mail on July 1. The more member contributions the less I have to do myself. Send me so much I have to put it in the next edition!

send any contibutions to

newsletter@merkurclub.com
MagentaRed
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MagentaRed »

I like Leesonic's idea about reproducing old articles from car magazines.
Would be interesting to see what type of Merkur articles would turn up. Not sure about the legalities since there are copyright laws in play, but since we aren't "selling" the newsletter, that might not be a problem. Should definitely be duscussed at Carlisle.