Important Carlisle 2004 Hotel Information

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 4-6, 2004.
Merkur Club web site
ztee24
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ztee24 »

Last year ,you guys had crappy weather in the beginning, right?

I did liked how you had in 2000, (i think) the banquet dinner outside near the pool,instead of inside.
But I guess it all depends on weather!

Hopefully..my car will be ready this year(last year it was not ready due to me and fastmauls wedding), and I hope to come home with a trophey!
And I wont be playing hookie..and calling out sick to work in NYC, from the hotel room in Carlisle :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

ztee24 wrote:Last year ,you guys had crappy weather in the beginning, right?

I did liked how you had in 2000, (i think) the banquet dinner outside near the pool,instead of inside.
But I guess it all depends on weather!

Hopefully..my car will be ready this year(last year it was not ready due to me and fastmauls wedding), and I hope to come home with a trophey!
And I wont be playing hookie..and calling out sick to work in NYC, from the hotel room in Carlisle :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yea, last year was the worst weather of all the years I've attended. I guess it was bound to happen eventually, but we still had a good time. On the plus side, I avoided a sunburn for a change... :roll:

We've pretty much ditched the idea of trying to do the dinner outside. It's just too difficult to control in a number of ways, not the least of which is the weather. We'll have better food this year at the Clarion - that was one more reason to make the change.

No excuses not to bring your car this year. If you bring a laptop and dial-in for messages just once, you will be deemed to not be playing hooky, so no need to take a vacation day. These are the rules. I have others, as needed. :wink:
Last edited by DPDISXR4Ti on Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ztee24
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ztee24 »

well...I got my new posistion! So...i will be there Fri, Sat and Sun!!
With my car!
Cant wait..since I missed it last year! :lol:

I know that me and my girl Rose are coming with a bang this year! :lol:
rosesxr4ti

Post by rosesxr4ti »

Hey Tee,

I think Naty will be driving down with us...so there wil be 3 of us FEMALES rolling to Carisle together.She will driving the red Merk.....maybe.

Vrooom!!!

Watch out boys...here we come!!!

:twisted:
Rose Datil
89 White XR
http://members.cardomain.com/xrgirlracer
UPDATED PICTURES 6/28/05!!!!
mhamilton
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mhamilton »

HELP! I just called for reservations for my room and they are sold out! They said we had only 65 rooms blocked off. Is this true? Do we need to go back to the Raddison in Camp Hill?
mhamilton
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mhamilton »

I had just called back and they had a smoking room just cancel. I prayed to the Merkur god. That leaves the rest of us out. Can we find a neighboring hotel to get a block of rooms?
"Head for the Hills, the Town of Lompach is Under Water!"
jasonty
Level 6
Level 6

Post by jasonty »

when i called fri they were about out.

mhamilton wrote:I had just called back and they had a smoking room just cancel. I prayed to the Merkur god. That leaves the rest of us out. Can we find a neighboring hotel to get a block of rooms?
jason yancey
stephens city va
87XR-88XR
NOVAMOG

"as long as you keep picking on me I will tend to mad post about me getting mad......"
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Don't panic yet :!:
I just called and made my reservations - and as of 2:00pm Sunday Feb. 22nd they have 14 more rooms available - all the rooms left are smoking double bed rooms ( thats what I took, because there was no other option available). If you've been procrastinating (like me) now is the time to call and make your reservation!

-Mike
richardcurtis
Level 6
Level 6

Post by richardcurtis »

just in case the host hotel DOES run out of rooms (sounds like a good bet that will happen), there are other hotels/motels/B&Bs in Carlisle. Just not any big ones. Yes, time is running out; if you're even on the fence, I suggest you make a reservation somewhere in Carlisle. You can always cancel it, usually up to about 24 hours prior to checking in. And don't forget to preregister... save yourselves some money AND make Merkurs the largest club there.
Richard Curtis
Fairfax Station, Va. '89XR (gone to a new home but not forgotten)
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

I'll check with the hotel tomorrow and see if we can get any more rooms blocked off - in the past, we've never had more than 50 rooms/night. I'll also get a list of names - I'm guessing we've had a few "imposters" register under the MCA rate who may need to get thrown out in the street. :lol:

But in the mean time, don't hesitate to book a room if you can - smoking or otherwise.
pyropete125
Level 7
Level 7

Post by pyropete125 »

im obviously a memeber of this site but is ther something i need to do to become a member of MCA?

pete
89 xr4ti, LOTS'O'MODS. PICS OF MY XR, FOLVO STUFF, AND...
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Here's the details on becoming a member.

http://www.merkurclub.com/joinHow.htm

We should be setup to accept Paypal payments shortly, if that makes a difference.

Regardless, I won't throw you out in the street Pete! :)
wilky
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wilky »

Hey folks - I just booked today no problem. They have non smoking king and smoking twin queens left both at 95 bucks.

Wilky
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Glad to hear you got a room & we are all geting rooms, but how come it seems that each person that calls to make a reservation gets somewhat different info than the last guy who called? Oh well - it'l all work out alright I'm sure...
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

As you've seen by the message thread above, some more rooms have been made available, but it is a limited amount. I'm working with the hotel on verifying who may need to be shown their way down the road - No Merky, no shirty... :lol: