Possible December get together LA Auto Speedway December.

Discussion of events in the Southwest, inclusive of California, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, & Utah
Merkur Club web site
nathankershaw
Level 5
Level 5

Possible December get together LA Auto Speedway December.

Post by nathankershaw »

My friend runs this event.

I'll be there and I'm quite sure he'll happily make space for more cars.

Venue and Date Announced for the 2012 North American Championships of Speed
Auto Club Speedway will play host to the 2nd annual event the weekend of December 15th & 16th, 2012 with up to $50,000 in cash prizes available.

Los Angeles, CA – Tuesday, March 6th, 2012; Organizers for the North American Championships of Speed today have announced the venue and date for the 2012 edition of the event. Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California will host the 2nd annual event the weekend of December 15th & 16th.
The 2012 North American Championships of Speed will see the addition of the Touring Car Challenge and Grand Touring (GT) Cup. These one-of-a-kind races will bring together touring cars and GT cars from across the spectrum of circuit racing in North America. Drivers and teams from series like Grand-Am, ALMS, World Challenge and others will be in attendance. Making a return to the Championships of Speed will be the Time Attack Invitational, featuring the fastest time attack (time trial) cars from across the continent. Up to $50,000 in cash prizes will be up for grabs!
Also new for 2012 will be the EV Challenge, a competition showcasing the emerging technologies related to electric vehicles. With the majority of experts agreeing that EV’s are the future of automobiles, the Championships of Speed will offer a unique opportunity for this technology to be demonstrated.
Fans that are unable to attend the event can catch all of the action via a high-definition, broadcast-quality internet livestream. Complete coverage of the venue and all of the racing activities, including behind the scenes interviews and professional commentary and analysis will be included.
Founded in 2011, the North American Championships of Speed event was created to be an end-of-year motorsport and automotive festival, bringing together fans, drivers, teams and members of the automotive industry. Located in the heart of the “Car Capital of the World”, Auto Club Speedway offers fantastic viewing and interaction opportunities for motorsport fans. Unprecedented access will be granted to spectators including paddock and garage-area access, as well as a variety of viewing locations.
About AVMP, LLC:
Founded in 2011, AVMP, LLC brings together a team of impassioned automotive enthusiasts with over two decades of experience in motorsport-event planning and production. The North American Championships of Speed is a culmination of this experience, earned through the successful creation/operation of events such as Redline:Time Attack, Focus on the Beach, Focus Challenge and the Pacific Tuner Car Championships, to name a few. The creative leadership team is committed to developing and executing innovative automotive event programs.

For additional information, visit http://www.ChampionshipsOfSpeed.com
LATEST NEWS
LATEST NEWS
Venue and Date Announced for the 2012 North American Championships of Speed
Details for 2012 North American Festival of Speed to be Released Soon!
Full Results, All Laps Posted
MotoIQ Pacific Tuner Car Championships, Race #2
Final Time Attack Results
Pages
Entry List
HOME
ABOUT THE EVENT
Confirmed Media And Vendors
Hot Lap Shootout
Livestream
2011 Results
THE TEAM
CONTACT
MEDIA INQUIRIES
SPONSOR/VENDOR INFO
EVENT SCHEDULE
LATEST NEWS
REGISTRATION & RULES
EV Challenge
Grand Touring (GT) Cup
Race Registration
Time Attack Invitational
Touring Car Challenge
Official Press Release Sent out Today! Venue and Date Announced for the 2012 North American Championships of... http://t.co/KqA32anM
4 days
1987 Merkur XR4Ti. T5 swapped. GAZ gold coilovers. Custom rear strut brace. Polybushed everything. Mustang ten hole wheels. Mercury Tracer front bumper.
grve66
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Possible December get together LA Auto Speedway December

Post by grve66 »

I was under the impression that Fontana is closed also along with irwindale

http://blogs.hotrod.com/fontana-dragstr ... 21299.html
nathankershaw
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Possible December get together LA Auto Speedway December

Post by nathankershaw »

LS2XR4 wrote:I was under the impression that Fontana is closed also along with irwindale

http://blogs.hotrod.com/fontana-dragstr ... 21299.html
The drag strip is separate on the right as you drive in. I can only assume that the oval and road course which is inside the oval are ok.
I bloody hope so anyway!
Nick puts on a great show, it should be lots of fun.
1987 Merkur XR4Ti. T5 swapped. GAZ gold coilovers. Custom rear strut brace. Polybushed everything. Mustang ten hole wheels. Mercury Tracer front bumper.