Merkur Owners in Houston, Texas?

Discussion of events in the South, roughly defined as the southeastern seaboard to Texas.
Merkur Club web site
XR4Tim

Re: Merkur Owners in Houston, Texas?

Post by XR4Tim »

I'll be in The Woodlands/Houston and Galveston next week.
Tim Bevan - OEM Part Haus
'85 XR4Ti - '97 E36 BMW - '86 LS1 951 - '63 Midget - '09 MINI - '12 Outback - '99 Discovery II - '02 S2000
blugg
Level 7
Level 7

Post by blugg »

blugg wrote:Andrew (Tim an other guys in TX)

Im putting a run south together to Dallas area (for sure--Houston area maybe stretching it). Timeline after the winter in the north....its been a absolute messy 2014 start.

Andrew I got your body / trim pieces if your ok waiting for me to bring south vs shipping Greyhound.

and this run has been completed.......great seeing Ya'll in the big city of dallas......didnt forecast the amount of drive time was needed in such a monster area......so each meet up was short! but great non-the-less.

thanks to the Houston area guys for coming up to Dallas!!! hope that worked out well for all!

till the next trip to TX...e.n.j.o.y
Jeff
merkurmaniac
Level 5
Level 5

Post by merkurmaniac »

I still have my XR in Sugar Land. I moved last year and am fixing up the garage so that I can start working with it again. Need to repalce my rear subframe bushings and I'd also like to convert the rear drums to discs.

There is a guy on Craigslist in Houston selling two XR bodies, meaning whole cars w/o engines. They look to be automatics. He wants $500 each.

RIchard
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

First dibs on the drums! :mrgreen:

YMMV 8)
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
jekcs

Post by jekcs »

Rchard, I saw the two cars and I got it, one is a 85, dark blue, automatic with blue interior, car have a 5.0 V8 HO under the hood, and auto trans, need to be finished, electric radiador but the engine look nice, interior is in fair condition, and is blue, not my favorite color, the second one is a 87 blue, very good body, a couple of dents, very small, like new seats, and again, blue interior, no engine or trans, it'll be a part car, I want to use all the interior parts from this one to the 85,
We need to do a regional meeting, I have also a Fiat and two time a year, we spend a weekend at hill country with the fiat club people, beautiful roads there, we can do something like this, I did the trip one time with my XR, was really nice
A lot of people looking my XR and asking me typical questionns " Mercury what? " or "what kind of Saab"you know
88 Blue XR, 5 sp. Blue
88 Scorpio, auto. Gray
88 Scorpio, auto. White
85 XR, Auto, V8, dark blue
87 XR, part car