88 Scorpio in Long Island NY

Scorpio cars and parts - Please state your asking price and item location. Preface wanted ads with "WTB" in the subject.

Moderators: John Brennan, DPDISXR4Ti

Wingerr

88 Scorpio in Long Island NY

Post by Wingerr » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:56 pm

I've got an 88 Merkur Scorpio silver, Borla exhaust, that I've had since the days of IMON and Dimitri, that was parked after developing transmission problems. It started and ran fine at the time but it's been a while; all original except for the nice Borla exhaust upgrade.
It looks like the Merkur community had gotten much less active than back then, but that's expected given its orphan status, I guess.
If there's any interest by anyone in the area willing to give it a second chance in its life, I'll put up some more details and pictures.
I know the Merkur owner group was by far the most dedicated and capable motorheads that would solve issues that came up, while other car forums were more focused on appearances and tacky add on mods.
I don't have the space and time to give it the case and attention it needs, unfortunately, so if anyone is interested in taking the baton, lemme know! :)

brokencase
Level 2
Level 2

Re: 88 Scorpio in Long Island NY

Post by brokencase » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:27 pm

Wingerr - I remember your posts to IMON way back in the day. Post some pictures please. You can now upload pictures easily to the forum.

Wingerr

Post by Wingerr » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:14 pm

Didn't see where to directly upload it, but let's see if this works:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwaVX ... nQ4bjY5UDg

brokencase
Level 2
Level 2

Post by brokencase » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:27 pm

What is the tranny issue?

Wingerr

Post by Wingerr » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:30 pm

It lost forward drive, it only engaged in reverse. I'd expect it needs an new tranny. It's been a while since I did anything with it, so I'll have to check it out again.
I looked into doing a donation to charity and pick up some of the tax deduction from it, but I balked when it turns out they simply send the old ones to the crusher, which is not how I want it to go. The Borla exhaust would be something I'd take off if it ultimately came down to that. This town doesn't allow homeowners to keep any unregistered cars outdoors, and I didn't want to keep paying the insurance and registration on it.