1989 Scorpio for sale with unique paintwork / Ford RS skirts - REDUCED PRICE

Scorpio cars and parts - Please state your asking price and item location. Preface wanted ads with "WTB" in the subject.

Moderators: John Brennan, DPDISXR4Ti

caleyfan
Level 1
Level 1

1989 Scorpio for sale with unique paintwork / Ford RS skirts - REDUCED PRICE

Post by caleyfan » Mon May 15, 2017 5:39 pm

I have a 1989 Scorpio with auto transmission for sale.
The bodywork is in excellent condition with no visible signs of rust.

The vehicle was completely resprayed in a Green / Purple Chameleon (color changing) paint. The original color was Burgundy but the paint job was so thorough that the only evidence of the Burgundy paint is in the engine bay. All body parts (doors, hood, tailgate, etc.) were removed from the body prior to painting. The only items not removed prior to painting were the engine and the bonded glass. Around the door jambs etc there is no evidence of the Burgundy paint. The Chameleon paint scheme is really interesting; as you view panels from a 90deg angle it looks green but as you move away from 90deg the color turns more to purple.

The vehicle has 57,631 miles on the speedometer but the original speedometer was changed out by a Ford dealership at 55,716K miles (the original defective speedometer is still with the vehicle) for a total mileage on the vehicle of 113,347 miles. The dealer sticker noting the speedometer replacement is still on the drivers door.

The interior is Raven leather (it's actually a very dark blue) and the dash / door trim is blue. It has heated seats and apart from regular fading on the driver's seat (can easily be re-dyed) the leather is in excellent condition. The rear seats look absolutely brand new.

It has been fitted with genuine European Ford Scorpio RS side skirts and aftermarket 16" chrome wheels. The tires are in good condition but will probably need to be replaced in 3-5K miles. I also have a genuine European Ford Scorpio RS steering wheel for the vehicle but I have not fitted it.

All electronics work except for the usual Scorpio tachometer issue which is out of calibration above 1500 rpm. There is a fix for that on the forum but I have not had time to do it on this vehicle. In addition the Ford radio had been replaced with a radio/CD player by the previous owner, but it was defective so I removed it. The original Ford power amp is still fitted. I have an original Ford radio/cassette unit for the vehicle that looks great cosmetically but it needs repair to make it work properly.

The A/C blows nice and cold and the anti-lock braking system works correctly.

Mechanically the vehicle is very sound with no known issues. I replaced the steering tie-rod ends just for safety reasons, changed the oil with Castrol GTX High Mileage oil and replaced the oil and air filters with K&N brands last September. At the same time I replaced the spark plugs with Champion branded plugs.

I use the vehicle for occasional pleasure trips and only in good weather.

As much as I hate to let this car go I have too many Merkurs hence this one is up for sale (see also my listing for the 1988 Brabazon Scorpio).

If you are looking for a reliable Scorpio that needs minimal work to keep it so, this is the vehicle. It is also a head turner with the RS body kit, chrome wheels and Chameleon paintwork. The vehicle also comes with a custom made Covercraft indoor car cover.

The vehicle is located in York, PA and is currently registered as an Antique Collectible Vehicle in PA. If the new owner lives in PA I will gladly transfer the plate to them.

I am hoping this vehicle can go to a Merkur connoisseur and I will entertain all reasonable offers for the vehicle around the $2K mark.

12/6/17 - PLEASE SEE MY UPDATED POST BELOW ON SALE PRICE.

Thanks.

http://s349.photobucket.com/user/caleyf ... %20Scorpio
Last edited by caleyfan on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

$KRILLA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: 1989 Scorpio for sale with unique paintwork and RS body

Post by $KRILLA » Mon May 15, 2017 11:13 pm

Looks like a good deal for the money,only has the RS skirts though the full body kit includes front/rear skirt and a wing .

caleyfan
Level 1
Level 1

Re: 1989 Scorpio for sale with unique paintwork and RS body

Post by caleyfan » Tue May 16, 2017 3:47 pm

Thanks $KRILLA.
Listing has been modified accordingly.

caleyfan
Level 1
Level 1

Re: *Reduced to sell* - 1989 Scorpio with unique paintwork / Ford RS skirts

Post by caleyfan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:12 pm

I'm offering this Scorpio at significantly reduced cost to any Merkur enthusiast who would like a nice, extremely presentable, solid and driveable Scorpio.
I need to move a couple of cars on due to storage issues.
This car drives very nicely. It is stored in a garage and I do about 50 miles in it every other month to keep it running nice. It is currently registered on Antique plates in PA. Will consider all sensible offers.

merkurdriver
Level 8

Re: 1989 Scorpio for sale with unique paintwork / Ford RS skirts

Post by merkurdriver » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:37 pm

PM sent

caleyfan
Level 1
Level 1

Re: 1989 Scorpio for sale with unique paintwork / Ford RS skirts

Post by caleyfan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:06 pm

PM reply.
Thanks.