TRIPLE BLACK WITH EURO BITS ZERO RUST ZERO ROT

Scorpio cars and parts - Please state your asking price and item location. Preface wanted ads with "WTB" in the subject.

Moderators: John Brennan, DPDISXR4Ti

Merkur Club web site
blugg
Level 7
Level 7

Re: TRIPLE BLACK WITH EURO BITS ZERO RUST ZERO ROT

Post by blugg » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:50 am

After 2 deals that couldn't close she's still Available sans rims.
Jeff

noslack2mack
Level 2
Level 2

Post by noslack2mack » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:28 am

How much is this car, Jeff?
Ronald Reagan was the best thing that ever happened to this country.

-Mike

eaton53
Level 5
Level 5

Post by eaton53 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:19 pm

Did this sell?
Just curious. I love it but don't have any extra garages.
I'd have a hard time keeping my hand off my wallet on this one if I had a space.
Mark Copeland - I'm 50 miles west of Kewanee, IL

'89 XR4Ti
Car was the 2014 MCA Merkur Preservation Award Winner
Proud member of the Iowa-Illinois Merkur Owner's Association since 2015. :cheers

blugg
Level 7
Level 7

Post by blugg » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:33 am

Bump for those seeking that rock solid chassis in mono black. Contact 847-688-1234. Not on forum much
Jeff

$KRILLA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by $KRILLA » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:45 pm

How is this still for sale ??

In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:03 pm

$KRILLA wrote:How is this still for sale ??
:dunno Maybe because the price is not posted, few guys asked for the price but still the price is not been posted. Just my opinion. :dunno
Miguel.
89 XR4Ti Monique; Waking up a real "Night/Mare-Coor".
T5, NPR IC, PIMP ECU, Walbro 255, Dual piston BOV, Manual BC, 3" exhaust, One piece Aluminum drive-shaft, mc2 LSD, Boport 1.5 cam, Ported and polish head, big valves, 80# injectors, Bob's log, (soon HY35).

eaton53
Level 5
Level 5

Post by eaton53 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:07 pm

In XS 7 wrote:
$KRILLA wrote:How is this still for sale ??
Maybe because the price is not posted :dunno
My guess as well.
I still like it.

'89 XR4Ti
Proud member of the Iowa-Illinois Merkur Owner's Association since 2015. :cheers

ford.scorpio
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ford.scorpio » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:08 pm

Tire-kickers&time wasters no need to apply; those truly serious ones get answer by simply dialing eight47-688-123four.....
A man meets another addict and says "oh yeah, I have a Merkur too!" and the other man says "no way!!!!! ............how many?"

blugg
Level 7
Level 7

Post by blugg » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:56 am

Everyone who called got a reply. only a few pushes of the phone key pad can make amazing things happen 847-688-1234
Jeff

eaton53
Level 5
Level 5

Post by eaton53 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:19 am

ford.scorpio wrote:Tire-kickers&time wasters no need to apply; those truly serious ones get answer by simply dialing eight47-688-123four.....
Other side of the coin...
Possible buyer wouldn't waste everyone's time by calling about a car that is beyond their price point.
Folks are getting some tax refund bucks now. That has a way of getting balls and wheels rollin'.

'89 XR4Ti

In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:07 pm

eaton53 wrote:
ford.scorpio wrote:Tire-kickers&time wasters no need to apply; those truly serious ones get answer by simply dialing eight47-688-123four.....
Possible buyer wouldn't waste everyone's time by calling about a car that is beyond their price point.
Folks are getting some tax refund bucks now. That has a way of getting balls and wheels rollin'.
I agree, every single time when I saw something for sale and the seller don't post the price and instead they said: "You have to see it to appreciate it" or "Call for details" is because the thing is way over priced, I am not saying that blugg is over pricing this car, I am just saying what I saw somewhere else and I am pretty sure I'm not the only one, that is why I always say If it have the price posted it will help both sides (the seller and buyer) a lot, other ways it is a time waster for either the seller receiving calls and a "Ok, thanks I call you back" or a buyer "Geez, that much I wouldn't bather to call if I just knew."
:cheers
Miguel.
89 XR4Ti Monique; Waking up a real "Night/Mare-Coor".
T5, NPR IC, PIMP ECU, Walbro 255, Dual piston BOV, Manual BC, 3" exhaust, One piece Aluminum drive-shaft, mc2 LSD, Boport 1.5 cam, Ported and polish head, big valves, 80# injectors, Bob's log, (soon HY35).

eaton53
Level 5
Level 5

Post by eaton53 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:15 pm

In XS 7 wrote:
eaton53 wrote:
I agree, every single time when I saw something for sale and the seller don't post the price and instead they said: "You have to see it to appreciate it" or "Call for details" is because the thing is way over priced, I am not saying that blugg is over pricing this car, I am just saying what I saw somewhere else and I am pretty sure I'm not the only one, that is why I always say If it have the price posted it will help both sides (the seller and buyer) a lot, other ways it is a time waster for either the seller receiving calls and a "Ok, thanks I call you back" or a buyer "Geez, that much I wouldn't bather to call if I just knew."
:cheers
I've bought many a car, but never one without a posted price.
I'm sure this car's not THAT expensive... it is a Scorpio.

Then again, there is that goof in SF that wants $27K for his... :haha

'89 XR4Ti

John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:11 pm

Astute readers of these pages will notice that the description of the Merkur Marketplace includes the sentence, "Please state asking price and item location." No, this is not a rule, but it is requested as an established means of conducting sales, and for good reasons, some of which have already been mentioned, but to which I would add that it seems the method least likely to result in misunderstandings. The seller states what they would like to get, the buyer can either accept that, or make a counteroffer, and the negotiating either proceeds to a mutually agreeable point, or not. As a buyer, hearing "make me an offer" makes me uncomfortable; and as a seller, "what's the lowest price you'll take for it?" is equally off-putting. Again, it's not a rule... but it sure is a great and time-honored custom.
This is my car, and these are my people!
1989 XR4Ti 5-Speed
2001 BMW Z3 3.0 5-Speed
2015 Fiesta ST 6-Speed
2015 Edge 3.5 V6 Auto/Paddles

milehighXR
Level 7
Level 7

Post by milehighXR » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:32 am

I'm on both sides, on one hand I refuse to bother calling on a complete running car that doesn't list a price tag in the ad. I have no clue whether or not it's within my reach, without a posted price. OTOH when selling parts/project car, I know this crowd is wicked cheap, so I try to let the masses tell me what they think it is worth, rather than posting what I know it "should" be priced at, and then being pissed because someone is low balling me on a part/project car that the seller is no longer physically able to complete.
Johnny

1 86 XR aka Naomi- my first love, now project car
1 14 black Fiesta SE aka Fiona- my new DD

DCLXVI

blugg
Level 7
Level 7

Post by blugg » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:28 pm

still available for a buyer seeking that super solid chassis an in mono black.
Jeff