Key for Merkur

Scorpio cars and parts - Please state your asking price and item location. Preface wanted ads with "WTB" in the subject.

Moderators: John Brennan, DPDISXR4Ti

Merkur Club web site
Vovan

Key for Merkur

Post by Vovan »

Hello everyone! I am interested in the key as in the photo. Not even the key, but the part where the logo is. I am interested in the Merkur logo. Can someone sell it to me?
brokencase
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Key for Merkur

Post by brokencase »

The original Scorpio "big key" had a flashlight built into it.

Are you looking for the whole plastic portion, flashlight and all, or just the white insert with logo?
Specialization is for Insects
Vovan

Post by Vovan »

brokencase wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:53 pm The original Scorpio "big key" had a flashlight built into it.

Are you looking for the whole plastic portion, flashlight and all, or just the white insert with logo?
just the white insert with logo
brokencase
Level 7
Level 7

Post by brokencase »

Such an item could be 3d printed. it is tiny and I would suggest printing it on a liquid resin printer, like a Photon. I must admit, I do not have the original big key. But if you can give me detailed dimensions of what you believe the insert should be then I could model the part in CAD and you could get it 3d printed. I would need the dimension across the ellipse both ways. I don't need details of the cross logo as I can ascertain this from the image.
Specialization is for Insects
Vovan

Post by Vovan »

brokencase wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:42 pm Such an item could be 3d printed. it is tiny and I would suggest printing it on a liquid resin printer, like a Photon. I must admit, I do not have the original big key. But if you can give me detailed dimensions of what you believe the insert should be then I could model the part in CAD and you could get it 3d printed. I would need the dimension across the ellipse both ways. I don't need details of the cross logo as I can ascertain this from the image.
It seems to me that this cross-shaped logo is made of metal and there is not the most simple form. Thank you for your willingness to help, if I don't find the original, I'll probably do as you said. But I live in Russia and it will be easier for me to do this at home, since I'm not sure that I can measure correctly.
DAReese
Level 7
Level 7

Post by DAReese »

The logo is plastic. It is the same as the XR4Ti lighted section of its key.
David Reese

88 XR4Ti - mono white T5, someday to be bi wing
89 Scorpio - waiting on some parts before it hits the road again
88 XR4Ti - mono red C3, parts car
used to own 86 dark blue traded in on a min van, what was I thinking?
Vovan

Post by Vovan »

DAReese wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:59 pm The logo is plastic. It is the same as the XR4Ti lighted section of its key.
Thank you
blugg
Level 7
Level 7

Post by blugg »

Likely I have a spare white torch key insert...somewhere.
Jeff
Vovan

Post by Vovan »

blugg wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:38 pm Likely I have a spare white torch key insert...somewhere.
If you find it, please let me know.
blugg
Level 7
Level 7

Post by blugg »

Vovan wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 3:13 am
blugg wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:38 pm Likely I have a spare white torch key insert...somewhere.
If you find it, please let me know.
Found it....if you are still seeking....contact my email blugg@msn.com
Jeff