The Merkur Club of America Forums

The MCA forums are a public service offered by the club devoted to promoting the enjoyment and preservation of the Merkur Scorpio and XR4Ti
Merkur Depot
It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:12 pm 
Level 1
Level 1

Brand new. Part number stamped on all four coils is 30-016 which comes back to -25 mm 25% increased rate springs. Here's the description from the site that sells them:

"Lowers the car to give an aggressive and sporty stance, uprated by approximately 25% giving reduced body roll. All springs are epoxy coated to protect them from road grime and stress tested for increased life. Lowers by 25mm."

These are NOT coilover springs. They're OE style.

$200, shipped anywhere in the US.

(I do need a rotated upper intake for my XR and would take one as partial trade.)

Btw, please contact me at reddy2300@yahoo.com. I don't always check here.

1987 5-speed XR4ti-Rosso Red: Grant wheel, short throw shifter, PE/big VAM, 255lph pump, 3" exhaust, MD "shorty" radiator/IC, "Pony" wheels, Koni Yellow, Rapido sway bars, poly/aluminum bushes, Gillis valve,

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:29 pm 
Level 4
Level 4

Just an FYI, these are for the Sierra XR4i, so the spring rate might be different compared to the XR. I don't know what the stock spring rates were for all the different Sierra varients. So that 25% increase might be different from a 25% increase in the XR4ti.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:49 pm 
Level 8

timxr8 wrote:
Just an FYI, these are for the Sierra XR4i, so the spring rate might be different compared to the XR. I don't know what the stock spring rates were for all the different Sierra varients. So that 25% increase might be different from a 25% increase in the XR4ti.

Good point, as our cars are heavier with all the federally-mandated crash stuff and luxury content. No substitute for actual spring rate numbers...

2015 Edge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:36 pm 
Level 1
Level 1

These were sold by OPMD as Merkur lowering springs. Along with two OMP Merkur bars. Not sure what the advertisement described.

1987 5-speed XR4ti-Rosso Red: Grant wheel, short throw shifter, PE/big VAM, 255lph pump, 3" exhaust, MD "shorty" radiator/IC, "Pony" wheels, Koni Yellow, Rapido sway bars, poly/aluminum bushes, Gillis valve,

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:29 am 
Level 1
Level 1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282576474928