1987.5 XR4Ti for Sale, loads of modifications - $4995 - SOLD

XR4Ti cars and parts - Please state your asking price and item location. Preface wanted ads with "WTB" in the subject.

Moderators: John Brennan, Merkur

XREnder
Level 1
Level 1

1987.5 XR4Ti for Sale, loads of modifications - $4995 - SOLD

Post by XREnder » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:38 pm

1987.5 Merkur XR4ti
Volvo White
~150,000 mi
Good condition, runs smooth (Dimitri will attest)

Purchased in 1992 with 48,539 mi. By 1998 it had a little over 100,000 mi and had some rust starting over the wheel wells so I had it refinished. The current speedo was installed in 1999 and now has 47,000 miles on it. All of the major maintenance and modifications have been done since then and the car has been kept in a heated garage since refinishing. The front rotors are close to as old as the paint and have no rust on them. The car has extensive modifications and maintenance. I have most of the original receipts and tons of in progress photos of the work that was done. Everything is in good repair, the engine block was rebuilt by a local shop with new bearings and rings within the same time frame. The wheel bearings have all been replaced, fuel tank, filter, brake shoes, drum kit, and brake pistons, rebuilt T5 transmission, and new suspension in 2005. I have put, maybe 10,000 mi on the car since 2010. The car has a brand new 3G 130a alternator and idler/tensioner (not shown in photos).

In 2002 I was invited to AMS to install their camshaft at their shop and then dyno the car before and after. We had some issues with a power fluctuation. In the end we made 236 hp and 243 tq at the wheels on a stock turbo. Later on I discovered that the VAM had some problems. I have since ditched the VAM for a MAF but I have not had the car redyno'd as there isn't much more power to be had on this turbo and stock injectors.

Last I weighed the car it came in around 2750lb. It has no spare and no sound matting in the floor, no AC, no bulkhead, no idiot lights, no cruise.

Following is a list of details. I'm sure there is something missing, it's been a tough list to create.

Photos here: http://www.juszisguy.com/gallery/rides/ ... r4ti/sale/

The Bad:
• Could use a good air/oil separator.
• The window switches need cleaning or replacement. I may even have a set on hand.
• On first cold start the car sometimes dies immediately, it always starts and stays running on the subsequent start. This is often due to a vacuum leak, I haven’t been able to find one. It may also be due to the MAF tune.
• Steering wheel has a slight shimmy on the way up to highway speed on curved onramps.
• On hot days the speedo needle bounces at low speeds. I haven't spent much time trying to sort this out.
• The clear coat on the wheels is changing lifting/fading.
• On initial use the windshield wipers will stop mid windshield when you turn them off.

List of modifications:
Cosworth Grille
Cosworth Headlights
Cosworth Hood Vents
Ford Focus Antennae
Rapido Fender Liners

15" x 7" Wolf Race Wheels
BF Goodrich ----- 215/50-15 Tires
AVO Front Coilovers / Springs
Koni Rear Shocks & Spax/Boge Springs

Godfrey Brake Adaptors
T-Bird SC / Contour SVO Calipers and Rotors
Stainless Braided Brake Lines
Powerflex Bushings
Cosworth Sway Bars
DeBaker Shock Tower Brace

Saab 900 Radiator w/Twin Spal Fans
Godfrey Coolant Tank
Custom ED's Tubes Coolant Tubes
Full AN Coolant Hoses (short radiator hoses)
External Oil Cooler

K&N Cone Filter w/custom in-fender mount
Ford Lincoln Mark VII MAF Conversion
3" intake to turbo plumbing
Isuzu NPR Intercooler w/2.5" plumbing
Tial BOV
Ford 5.0 Mustang Throttle Body w/ Godfrey Adaptor Plates
Port matched upper and lower intake
Ported Head w/big valves
Ford Motorsport SVO Valve Springs
AMS Cam
Ported Exhaust Manifold
Ported T3 wastegate opening
Dual port Wastegate actuator
3" exhaust, no cats, dual mufflers (one chamber, one turbo)

Ford Motorsport SVO HD Clutch
Mustang 5.0 World Class T5 with custom 5th gear ratio
B&M Ripper Shifter
Custom 2-piece Driveshaft
Sierra Cosworth 7" LSD

Godfrey Clutch Adjuster
Autometer Phantom Gauges - Speedo, RPM, Volts, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, Coolant Temp, EGT, Air/Fuel, Boost, Fuel Pressure
Momo Front Seats
Grant Steering Wheel
Custom Ultra Suede Door Panel Inserts
Polk Speakers
Clarion Stereo Head Unit
Blaupunkt 200w Surround Amp
WeatherTech Floor Mats Front & Rear

Innovate LC-1 Wideband O2 Sensor
Custom tuneable J3 Port Chip
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
Trunk Mounted Battery

I will include an older laptop that I used for tuning, the software, and chip adapter for programming.

I also have many spare parts that I might be able to be talked into sending with it.
Last edited by XREnder on Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ryan Mattson
http://www.company23.com
http://www.merkurdesktop.com

‎"There's no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor

merkurdriver
Level 8

Re: 1987.5 XR4Ti for Sale, loads of modifications - $5500

Post by merkurdriver » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:43 am

End of an era. The condition of those IMON stickers on the rear glass from <1999 are a pretty indication this has been kept in a time capsule garage for quite some time. (My IMON stickers from way back then turned into plain silver after about 4 years.)

merkurdriver
Level 8

Re: 1987.5 XR4Ti for Sale, loads of modifications - $5500

Post by merkurdriver » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:44 am

merkurdriver wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:43 am
End of an era. The condition of those IMON stickers on the rear glass from <1999 are a pretty good indication this has been kept in a time capsule garage for quite some time. (My IMON stickers from way back then turned into plain silver after about 4 years.)