XR4ti T5 swap stuff for sale. Other things as well.

XR4Ti cars and parts - Please state your asking price and item location. Preface wanted ads with "WTB" in the subject.

Moderators: John Brennan, Merkur

Merkur Club web site
reddy2300
Level 4
Level 4

XR4ti T5 swap stuff for sale. Other things as well.

Post by reddy2300 »

I'm now doing a V8 swap and no longer need the 2.3/T5 parts. I don't have the pics hosted online so they aren't going to be here. Email me with pic requests. I can send them that way.

There is no complete swap. Just the items that are listed here.

E6. tested. No cracks. Comes with FelPro gasket set. SOLD

Big VAM. Tested and works. Was in the drawer as a spare for my driver. $50, shipped.

SOLD. 2-piece driveshaft for T5 application and stock type rear-end. SOLD

SOLD U-shaped cable adapter for stock Merkur cable and T5 "dogbone" style bellhousing. I think this is probably from Rapido from years ago. SOLD

SOLD. Brand new Exedy clutch kit for '83 and up 2.3/T5 combos. Exedy part number 07038. SOLD

Make an offer on all of it and get a deal. Come and pick it up and get a deal. See where I'm going here?

(I don't have an extra pedal assy. If I did, it'd be listed here.)
Last edited by reddy2300 on Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:33 am, edited 5 times in total.
1987 XR4ti--Mustang Cobra 5.0/T5 transmission, AFR heads, fake BBS wheels, Koni Yellows, Rapido sway bars, poly/aluminum bushes, Eurolights, Sierra rear/Focus front discs,
Turbo
Level 2
Level 2

Re: XR4ti T5 swap (and other) stuff for sale.

Post by Turbo »

Take pictures during your V8 swap and post in the project section. :wink:
'86 Merkur XR4TI
'05 SRT-4
'08 Hemi Ram
reddy2300
Level 4
Level 4

Re: XR4ti T5 swap (and other) stuff for sale.

Post by reddy2300 »

I can do that. Although I never have before, and I always forget to take pics along the way. Lol.
1987 XR4ti--Mustang Cobra 5.0/T5 transmission, AFR heads, fake BBS wheels, Koni Yellows, Rapido sway bars, poly/aluminum bushes, Eurolights, Sierra rear/Focus front discs,
john keefe
Level 7
Level 7

Re: XR4ti T5 swap stuff for sale. Other things as well.

Post by john keefe »

Shoot for the later 5.0L years ('92-94?) for the short water pump set-up, or try to find a complete set of brackets from that year (PS, Alt, etc. won't be affected). That gives you about 2" extra clearance from the radiator than the previous years' "long water pump" standard, and you won't have to jam the block back towards the firewall. Also, that'll give you room in front of the firewall for the crossover smog tube that spans between the back of the heads, which will keep heat down near the plastic heater/control box, and make it easier to do any work involving the upper rear of the engine.

You can use the earlier intakes with the shorter water pump, and it won't affect smog certification. The '92-'94 SN95 intakes have an integrated elbow turning the throttle body towards the air cleaner. Ford did that to fit in the narrower engine bay (and lower hood) of those models. While it's nice to have a ready-made elbow, its restrictive, and really limits what you can do with setups later.

If you're running the stock smog pump setup, you wanna' keep that rear tube so both heads get even temp.
my8950
Level 7
Level 7

Post by my8950 »

hahahaha, smog pump.... :)

I think you're trying to say 94-95 SN95.
87=93 were the previous generation.
96 was the 4.6L.
john keefe
Level 7
Level 7

Post by john keefe »

Yep, knew it was a 2-year span involving '94 sometime. Does close count? I mixed-and matched mine as a '90 5.0L with the shorter, later water pump serpentine setup, and made no difference with smog ref. The pump is no big deal, its light. I did have to take it apart and clean it up really nice and made sure it spun easily; still noisy and I wish there was a simpler device. Quieter than any of my air compressors, but it does add several solenoids/valves and convoluted plumbing, and you can tell it does eat up a few HP at higher rpm's, though.
reddy2300
Level 4
Level 4

Post by reddy2300 »

I won't be running smog anything. Lol. Deleting EGR and smog pump. I have a Megasquirt, so I'll not need any of that stuff to make the computer "happy".

Donor engine is (I believe) a 1994 from a Mustang GT.

All I need to complete the parts list is a good T5 bellhousing, clutch, flywheel and starter.
john keefe
Level 7
Level 7

Post by john keefe »

reddy2300 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:01 pm I won't be running smog anything. Lol. Deleting EGR and smog pump. I have a Megasquirt, so I'll not need any of that stuff to make the computer "happy".
Minimal smog constraints. Must be nice! Or, are you registering it for off-road only?
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

john keefe wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:49 pm
reddy2300 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:01 pm I won't be running smog anything. Lol. Deleting EGR and smog pump. I have a Megasquirt, so I'll not need any of that stuff to make the computer "happy".
Minimal smog constraints. Must be nice! Or, are you registering it for off-road only?
We don't have to worry about that stuff in Ohio anymore. We did back when the cars were less than 25 years old running standard plates. I ran the collector plate and then the historical plate after reaching 25 year mark. Even then only certain counties did the tail pipe sniff test. :D
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
john keefe
Level 7
Level 7

Post by john keefe »

Out here, if it's older than 25 years, it must be a gross polluter with decades-old, obsolete smog controls, driven by a mindless climate-change-denier. No eco-friendly, "virtue signalling" snot would be caught dead in something that antiquated.
jkxr4ti
Level 7
Level 7

Post by jkxr4ti »

I’m interested in the clutch cable adapter you posted if it’s still available.
Jeremy Kemp

RIP: the Mutt….1988 XR4Ti Chestnut Brown/Spice Leather
MC2 Coilovers and Bushings, Contour Rims and Rotors, Ported Motorsport Head, Cosworth 4x4 Intercooler, Holset HY35 Turbo, 80LB Injectors, Megasquirt2 EFI
reddy2300
Level 4
Level 4

Post by reddy2300 »

jkxr4ti wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:33 pm I’m interested in the clutch cable adapter you posted if it’s still available.
It is still available. I take PayPal. Lol.

Sorry about the wait. I have been getting slayed at work for the past two weeks.
jkxr4ti
Level 7
Level 7

Post by jkxr4ti »

Hey no problem, send me an invoice or request and I can PayPal you the balance.
Jkxr4ti at yahoo dot com
Jeremy Kemp

RIP: the Mutt….1988 XR4Ti Chestnut Brown/Spice Leather
MC2 Coilovers and Bushings, Contour Rims and Rotors, Ported Motorsport Head, Cosworth 4x4 Intercooler, Holset HY35 Turbo, 80LB Injectors, Megasquirt2 EFI
Eseo

Post by Eseo »

Is the driveshaft still available? If so I'm interested where are you in Ohio?
1987 Merkur XR4Ti Diamond White
reddy2300
Level 4
Level 4

Post by reddy2300 »

Eseo wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:42 pm Is the driveshaft still available? If so I'm interested where are you in Ohio?
It is still available. I'm in NW Columbus/Dublin. Are you going to pick it up?