XR4Ti Aluminum Radiators

XR4Ti cars and parts - Please state your asking price and item location. Preface wanted ads with "WTB" in the subject.

Moderators: John Brennan, Merkur

Merkur Club web site
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Re: XR4Ti Aluminum Radiators

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

I just looked under the hood of an XR yesterday which has this rad installed. It looked good and seemed to be a drop in replacement, but I wasn't present for the install so who knows how much swearing was involved. Seems like some units have issues that should have been spotted by quality control. If I ordered an expensive yet flawed item I would demand a replacement, and ask for free return shipping. Or bring the whole box back to ups with return to sender written on it. No issues with my merkur depot shorty radiator.
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
xrti4ever

Re: XR4Ti Aluminum Radiators

Post by xrti4ever »

andyofcolumbusmerkur wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:59 am I just looked under the hood of an XR yesterday which has this rad installed. It looked good and seemed to be a drop in replacement, but I wasn't present for the install so who knows how much swearing was involved. Seems like some units have issues that should have been spotted by quality control. If I ordered an expensive yet flawed item I would demand a replacement, and ask for free return shipping. Or bring the whole box back to ups with return to sender written on it. No issues with my merkur depot shorty radiator.
yes they did a run of good Rads but humans are not perfect. yeah right send the rad back lol. I just cut off the mounts and turned the core 180 degrees then welded the mounts back on. They will not answer my E mails now. after sending them pics of the Rad before and after the fix.
Red 85, Esslinger 2277 solid roller Big D-Alum head, Turbo T61 stage V with 63AR and OEM T3 with 63AR, #208 T5, 9" clutch, stinger IC.