5/86 Ford Sierra

XR4Ti cars and parts - Please state your asking price and item location. Preface wanted ads with "WTB" in the subject.

Moderators: John Brennan, Merkur

ford.scorpio
Level 4
Level 4

5/86 Ford Sierra

Post by ford.scorpio » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:54 pm

5/86 Ford Sierra Coupe 4 Sale

It is a rolling shell with brakes (no engine/transmission/gas tank,front bumper), all glass is good, nice interior, cracked dashboard, manual steering, bubbling areas are shown (as you can see, nothing crazy), even took a video of the good looking door sills. It looks like it has been "ziebarted" when originally sold in Germany (silver/black transition in the engine compartment). No leaks.

Somewhere in the past 30+ years, left front fender was changed, as pic shows (look for a dent in front x-brace right corner; slam panel is original), it was probably parking lot speed dent. Remember, Euro cars do not have the sturdy aluminum bumpers as you are used to seeing on your xr's but very lightweight plastic bumpers that were removed for shipping purposes. Front one was damaged; only rear bumper is included.

Another great canvas for the project of your dreams.

Videos could be seen at -

https://youtu.be/D9bLLIx5n8Y

https://youtu.be/WusY1u5KK7c

Car had no keys (hence loosen steering column), trunk is locked, pictured matching column & gas tank keys+locks are included.

So what does it need?
Engine+tranny
Modernized suspension+brakes (I highly recommend JVAB's & Tim Spencers solutions)
Fuel cell (efi vs non-efi)
Set of matching locks or re-use/re purpose whats included or simply delete the locks altogether.
Cage for the purists

$1800 for everything, no dreamers please, good vibes only, leave the negatives to yourself......

The best way to contact me is via text 757-five35-55eight1 and I would call you back as I cannot always answer my phone.

Car is located in Suffolk, VA 23433. Once paid for in full, it has to be picked up within 2 months.

Delivery to Atlanta is available for $300 & cost of renting a u-haul trailer.

Delivery to DC area is $200

Pics taken on 8/10/18 are on FB
A man meets another addict and says "oh yeah, I have a Merkur too!" and the other man says "no way!!!!! ............how many?"