WTB- gas tank 1985 manual xr4ti (NY state )

XR4Ti cars and parts - Please state your asking price and item location. Preface wanted ads with "WTB" in the subject.

Moderators: John Brennan, Merkur

Post Reply
Carlisle 2020
JOATMON
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:26 am

WTB- gas tank 1985 manual xr4ti (NY state )

Post by JOATMON » Wed May 08, 2019 12:19 pm

As stated in title -
I do not have he car yet, but plan to soon, so I am trying to source a replacement for a rusty tank.
OR- if anyone has a good alternative far a swap, I'm open to suggestions.

NEWB here with very little experience

cmouta
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:25 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: WTB- gas tank 1985 manual xr4ti (NY state )

Post by cmouta » Wed May 08, 2019 12:32 pm

if you're looking for alternative options here's someone who installed a foxbody fuel tank:

http://forum.merkurclub.net/forum/viewt ... as#p282522
Chris
1988 Mono Rosso Red Merkur XR4Ti - Sold!

JOATMON
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:26 am

Re: WTB- gas tank 1985 manual xr4ti (NY state )

Post by JOATMON » Wed May 08, 2019 4:19 pm

cmouta wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:32 pm
if you're looking for alternative options here's someone who installed a foxbody fuel tank:

http://forum.merkurclub.net/forum/viewt ... as#p282522
Alternatives are great too! Thanks for the link!

User avatar
eaton53
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 6:08 am
Location: Silvis, IL

Re: WTB- gas tank 1985 manual xr4ti (NY state )

Post by eaton53 » Wed May 08, 2019 6:18 pm

Jeff's got 'em.
http://merkurmidwest.com/catalog/i406.html
I'm sure Mike @ Merkur Depot has them too.

These guys have the stuff you need.
Mark Copeland - I'm 50 miles west of Kewanee, IL

'89 XR4Ti
Car was the 2014 MCA Merkur Preservation Award Winner
Proud member of the Iowa-Illinois Merkur Owner's Association since 2015. :cheers

JOATMON
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:26 am

Re: WTB- gas tank 1985 manual xr4ti (NY state )

Post by JOATMON » Wed May 08, 2019 9:20 pm

eaton53 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:18 pm
Jeff's got 'em.
http://merkurmidwest.com/catalog/i406.html
I'm sure Mike @ Merkur Depot has them too.

These guys have the stuff you need.
Thanks - can you tag Jeff? The link shows a tank, but it won’t put it in the cart and let me buy.
I’m ready.

User avatar
eaton53
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 6:08 am
Location: Silvis, IL

Re: WTB- gas tank 1985 manual xr4ti (NY state )

Post by eaton53 » Thu May 09, 2019 7:10 am

JOATMON wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:20 pm
eaton53 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:18 pm
Jeff's got 'em.
http://merkurmidwest.com/catalog/i406.html
I'm sure Mike @ Merkur Depot has them too.

These guys have the stuff you need.
Thanks - can you tag Jeff? The link shows a tank, but it won’t put it in the cart and let me buy.
I’m ready.
Shoot him an email... blugg@msn.com
Mark Copeland - I'm 50 miles west of Kewanee, IL

'89 XR4Ti
Car was the 2014 MCA Merkur Preservation Award Winner
Proud member of the Iowa-Illinois Merkur Owner's Association since 2015. :cheers

JOATMON
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:26 am

Re: WTB- gas tank 1985 manual xr4ti (NY state )

Post by JOATMON » Thu May 09, 2019 6:14 pm

Got one coming. Thanks for all the help

Post Reply