1988 XR4TI $4500

XR4Ti cars and parts - Please state your asking price and item location. Preface wanted ads with "WTB" in the subject.

Moderators: John Brennan, Merkur

Merkur Club web site
88xr4ti88

1988 XR4TI $4500

Post by 88xr4ti88 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:31 pm

I am very reluctant to sell this car. I bought this car last year down in Miami as a running and driving project, then almost right after I found a great deal on a 1993 GMC Typhoon that I couldnt pass up for restoration. So I am selling this to free up my garage space and a little money to help fund my Typhoon project. Right now I am just seeing if there is any interest in the car. The car has been gone through mostly front to back. just about everything has been checked and replaced if needed. I dont feel like the price I am asking is outragous considering just the wheels, front bumper, headlights, grille, and arches are worth the asking price alone. WILL NOT SEPARATE

The car has ZERO rust underneath it, There is ONE small spot bubbled up just under the drivers side rear window that could be easily repaired.
My intentions with the car were originally to fit the full rs500 body, paint, and some engine and brake upgrades along with the T-5 swap. I drove it back from Miami to Tennessee without a hiccup. I start and drive it to work at least once a week, other than that it sits in the garage. I care enough about this car and project to let my Porsche sit outside instead of the Merkur... I hope to find someone who cares about it as much as I do to pass it off to. The truth is I just do not have time for two major projects right now.

The car is currently on 19PSI with a MBC, it is too much power for the T-9 clutch and will slip if you boost at WOT in 5th gear but is perfectly safe to drive home anywhere you want to take it.

If you have any questions or need more pictures please just email me:
Rockylsmarina@icloud.com

NEW:
fuel tank
fuel pump 255LPH
fuel filter
fuel lines at tank
brake lines and pads
wheel cylinders
wheel bearings
front and rear shocks/struts (gas a just )
springs( hyperco)
rubber driveshaft coupler
tires ( yokohama S line )
engine oil and filter
T-9 trans fluid
rear diff fluid
Safe T rad cap
water pump
timing belt
timing tensioner
thermostat
probably a bunch of other stuff I have forgotten about
alignment

AFTERMARKET:
Racer Walsh adjustable cam gear
Boost turned to 19PSI with MBC
prosport wideband
autometer carbon boost/vac gauge
AUTHENTIC 2-piece BBS wheels directly imported
AIRTEC FMIC
Aeromotive fuel pressure reguator
HKS BOV
AUTHENTIC GLASS Sierra Cosworth RS500 headlights with real HID ballast
murker midwest wrapped silcone lower RAD hose
AUTHENTIC Renown / MOMO 3-spoke steering wheel
Sierra Cosworth speedo cluster that is accurate
RS500 front grill with correct mesh insert
full 2.5" exhaust with resonator ( does not drone )
very nice clean downpipe
probably other stuff

NOT INSTALLED PARTS:
freshly rebuilt 1985 world class T-5 with correct imput shaft for 4cyl with matching bellhousing and throw out arm, Zinc coated and painted. ( landers transmission) not installed since build
Muller / AASCO billet aluminum flywheel
AUTHENTIC Sierra Cosworth RS500 front bumper ( does need some minor nitrogen welding )
AUTHENTIC Sierra cosworth RS500 rear arches
sunroof rubber seals and molding
A/C pump with hose ( that has been cut but could be reinstalled )
extra glass for side windows
seals
odds and ends parts
does have stock grille and speedo in a box
extra tach or two
some other stuff I can't remember right now

PROBLEMS:
small seeping front front main seal
very small shudder under light braking at about 75mph
car has HKS BOV installed but it is not tuned for it so when you let off the throttle the ECU thinks that there is air in the intake that is not there. it causes a small buck if you dont let completely off the the throttle when slowing down.

MarkM
Level 6
Level 6

Re: 1988 XR4TI $4500

Post by MarkM » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:58 pm

I've edited your post so that the images actually show up and eliminated a couple of duplicates. There aren't any captions so it might not be exactly what you had in mind, but I figured this is still better than making readers extract and view each image URL individually.
Mark

88xr4ti88

Post by 88xr4ti88 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:19 pm

MarkM wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:58 pm
I've edited your post so that the images actually show up and eliminated a couple of duplicates. There aren't any captions so it might not be exactly what you had in mind, but I figured this is still better than making readers extract and view each image URL individually.
Thank you very much! After several attempts I was not successful at making them show up :D

JustinGibson

Post by JustinGibson » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:41 am

I remember this car on CL and how bad I wanted it. Wish I had the money man. Good luck! Don't take any less than what you're asking for it!

PS If you really just need extra garage space you can bring it to my place so I can look at it instead of my beat xr haha!