F/S C3 auto trans

XR4Ti cars and parts - Please state your asking price and item location. Preface wanted ads with "WTB" in the subject.

Moderators: John Brennan, Merkur

Merkur Club web site
milehighXR
Level 7
Level 7

F/S C3 auto trans

Post by milehighXR »

I finally passed smog with my 86 XR. I got zero grief from the smog folks about the difference in trannies in my car since I converted to the T5(IOW I passed with the manual trans swap). So the old C3 is for sale, it will include all the interior bits as well. It must be rebuilt before being used again. I had rebuilt this trans myself once back in 2002 IIRC, and it ran well until it sat for about 5 yrs collecting water form the dry CO air. I changed trans oil 2x and ran it for a bit while trying to pass smog. It went belly up on me, and since I could get a WC T5 for $0, I decided to convert.

Calculate shipping from Longmont CO 80503. If it has not sold by 12/31/21 it goes to the scrap heap, my current garage is not conducive to storing parts for long periods of time. I also will not be putting the C3 back in the car even when I get old and feeble. I figure by then I'll be dead, or the eco nazis will have forced me into a Ford E-crate motor...
Johnny

1 86 XR aka Naomi- my first love, now daily driven project

DCLXVI