Looking for a CLEAN XR4ti with no driveline for V8 swap.

XR4Ti cars and parts - Please state your asking price and item location. Preface wanted ads with "WTB" in the subject.

Moderators: John Brennan, Merkur

Merkur Club web site
reddy2300
Level 4
Level 4

Looking for a CLEAN XR4ti with no driveline for V8 swap.

Post by reddy2300 »

I'm not looking for junk. I posted a search on the FB page and got some interesting responses. Most are from people with pretty serious project type cars. I'm not looking for a "project".

I currently have a really nice 1987 XR with low mileage and some nice mods. I'm planning on swapping a 5.0 from a Foxbody into it. I do have some reservation about pulling a running car into pieces to do the swap. If someone has a mostly complete NICE XR that has either no driveline or a "blown up" driveline, I might be interested in it. (I'd even look at stalled projects that have been sitting.)

I don't want to get into replacing entire interiors or fixing ANY body damage, including rust. I'd like a later model (87-up) due to the wiring issues being (mostly) remedied in those cars. I don't mind paying "up" for particularly nice examples. I could buy someone's running car but then I'd be better off just using the one I have.

I'm busy perusing the classifieds here on the forums but many have been sold. (Can we delete the listings, once they're sold? Or at least add "SOLD" to the title?)

If I don't find one, that's fine, I'll just use the one I have. If someone has one, let me know. I do need to acquire something in the next month or so as there's a plan to drive a V8 XR to Carlisle in June.

You can email me at reddy2300@yahoo.com for a possible quicker response.
1987 XR4ti--Mustang Cobra 5.0/T5 transmission, AFR heads, fake BBS wheels, Koni Yellows, Rapido sway bars, poly/aluminum bushes, Eurolights, Sierra rear/Focus front discs,