New Front End

Scorpio / Scorpio Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
ramizuno13

Post by ramizuno13 »

Like I said. "Not for everyone". But. I've driven the '95+ in Munich and really liked the look. The interior is nice as well. Just wanted something different. From my talks with some on the EU forums in the past, it was only a slight mod to switch the front ends. Which is what I'm looking at. Maybe the dash. Doors not so important.
To DPDISXR4Ti: I haven't looked into why I need to wait until 2010, but I'm willing to wait if that's what it takes. It could be a group effort for anyone else interested in going in on the parts.

Not to change the subject. Time for new shock all around. Any recommendations?
Also. FYI. I just received my Scorpio back from the mech. Total rebuild of the tranny at 160K. Thanks to OPMD for supplying the parts. Runs like new. And I would now. My mom and I bought it new in '88!! :D
Richard M.
Scorpio - Flat-out the best car ever made!!!
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

ramizuno13 wrote:To DPDISXR4Ti: I haven't looked into why I need to wait until 2010, but I'm willing to wait if that's what it takes.
That's really only applicable if you were thinking about bringing a whole car over ...and via Canada. Otherwise, try waiting until 2020 fro a direct ship into the States.
Brad
ramizuno13

Post by ramizuno13 »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:That's really only applicable if you were thinking about bringing a whole car over ...and via Canada. Otherwise, try waiting until 2020 fro a direct ship into the States.
I'm just interested in the front end, and maybe some of the front interior. If anyone is serious about the rest of the car, then I'm willing to bring it in through Canada next year. I have no desire for the mechanical. Like my Scorp, just the way it runs.
Richard M.
Scorpio - Flat-out the best car ever made!!!
ford.scorpio
Level 4
Level 4

2.5 TD & MT-75

Post by ford.scorpio »

Brad & everyone else:

guys, stay away from the 2.5TDi engines as far as possible. The last old workhorse was late 8/93 2.5 TD, 92hp..... kinda mercedes 123/124 style engine that ran forever in Transits'.

For a 94 model year, Ford had decided that it would be a great idea to add something "peppier" so they decided to mount a wonderful VM engine that's also used in Alfa Romeo's.

Cast iron block with 4 (yes FOUR) separate heads. Major issues were blown head gaskets because of insufficient torque that you were able to put on each of these heads, blown off head studs.......

My dad had it for 3 some years.........

Another difference were beefier front brake set up compared to the same 92-94 models......

just my $.02.......
A man meets another addict and says "oh yeah, I have a Merkur too!" and the other man says "no way!!!!! ............how many?"
MerkurScorpio
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MerkurScorpio »

Honestly, I've always liked the look of the final Scorpio design (Frog Eye v2.0 if you will):

-Paul-Michael Van Hook, Northeastern PA
'89 Merkur Scorpio "HookSport"

Paul-Aaron Zachary Van Hook is one year old! Born 11/4/2009!

My Facebook page
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

That makes one of you guys. :P

YMMV 8)
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
Taps
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Taps »

From the front they dont look to bad BUT from the back they are just butt ugly
Teedyo
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Teedyo »

Looks like a Taurestrogen. Yes, a Taurus on estrogen. As if a Taurus can look any more..... um, yeah.
--
Tim
ford.scorpio
Level 4
Level 4

Ugly?

Post by ford.scorpio »

Taps wrote:From the front they dont look to bad BUT from the back they are just butt ugly
I've heard a rumor that the engineers who had designed the front end did not talk to the guys who designed the rear-end.

Looks like a plausible outcome.......
A man meets another addict and says "oh yeah, I have a Merkur too!" and the other man says "no way!!!!! ............how many?"
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Teedyo wrote:Looks like a Taurestrogen. Yes, a Taurus on estrogen. As if a Taurus can look any more..... um, yeah.
More like a Joan Rivers plastic surgery facelift edition--cheeks/forehead/lips pulled back, tiiiiiiightly.

YMMV 8)
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!