Anyone do interior updates?

Scorpio / Scorpio Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
89 Scorpio
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone do interior updates?

Post by 89 Scorpio »

Has anyone put second generation Scorpio Ultima seats into the Merkur? I heard that they should fit bolt for bolt but I have not seen a completed swap. As the leather on my front seats are worn and in need of replacement I figured might as well ship a set or two of the newer Ultima seats back to the states for my car if I can find one with heat elements and lumbar adjust. I am thinking of the front only. The rear seats are OK on my car. A complete set of seats here (Including the rear seats) are around $200.

Picture just for reference.

Also, anybody updated to the later Gen1 gearshift lever? I do not particularly care for the gated shifter in my car. A used condition gear lever here is around $15 so I won't lose much money buying this part. Just wondered if anyone tried this?
milehighXR
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Anyone do interior updates?

Post by milehighXR »

If these parts are from a frog eyed Scorp, then most likely they will fit no problems. My understanding is that the forg eyed Scorp retained all the chassis of the previous Scorp, but that the body panels, and bumpers as well as interior were all new. The doors supposedly were not changed at all.
Johnny

1 86 XR aka Naomi- my first love, now project car
1 14 black Fiesta SE aka Fiona- my new DD

DCLXVI
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Where are you located-I have a good set of raven leather and blue cloth Scorp seats?

YMMV ;-)
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
usmcgunner27
Level 3
Level 3

Post by usmcgunner27 »

Im very interested in the shifter. Also any other interior bits that may fit to our Scorpys over here.
red 88 XR WORKED, inside and out. BEFORE: 225 HP 304 Lb/Ft Torque; After is to come
1989 Scorpio, Eurofied.....Eurospec V-6 in her future???
89 Scorpio
Level 1
Level 1

Post by 89 Scorpio »

If I come across another one of these shifters I will let you know. I do not know if it will fit our cars(I am fairly certain though) but I will still let you know.
ford.scorpio
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ford.scorpio »

Doors from ultimas are direct bolt on; seats are direct bolt on; with the rears, station wagon rears are 2-3in taller compared to your hatchbacks..........
A man meets another addict and says "oh yeah, I have a Merkur too!" and the other man says "no way!!!!! ............how many?"