Scorpio Signal Generator for Speedometer Diagnosis

Scorpio / Scorpio Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
john keefe
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Scorpio Signal Generator for Speedometer Diagnosis

Post by john keefe »

Ed Lijewski wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:08 amSpeedo working fine or not working at all I believe is unrelated to the odo stepper motor.

Don't know why, but I had the impression that since both are signaled by the VSS, they'd be synched together. I wanted to know if my speedo was accurate, so before I cranked it up to 100mph, I timed the trip/odometer for 60 sec. and held the speedo @ 60mph (60mph = 1mile/min)... checked out fine.
Ed Lijewski wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:08 am Re the trunk latch, did you try locking/unlocking both passenger and driver door locks to see if there's any difference?
No, hadn't tried that yet. What are you suspecting that would indicate, since I'm getting voltage, etc. from the driver's lock, all the way up to the trunk solenoid.

YMMV
[/quote]
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Re: Scorpio Signal Generator for Speedometer Diagnosis

Post by Ed Lijewski »

I was unclear: the speedo can work fine while the stepper motor won't work, even if new gears were installed. I had that experience once.

Re the doors switch, nothing specific in mind, only that sometimes a rear window motor doesn't actuate with one of the switches and inexplicably later it works with the other.

YMMV
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!