Alternate Jack for Scorpio

Scorpio / Scorpio Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Alternate Jack for Scorpio

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

It's only just occurred to me that I don't have a jack for the Scorpio. The car didn't come with one nor did the parts car. I'm sure I can get one easily enough, but wondering if anyone has found a better one from some other random junkyard donor.
Brad
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Alternate Jack for Scorpio

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

Pull a part has just about every shape and size up front by the registers. Right next to that disgusting mystery mix they call engine coolant. I like the really light scissor jack from a mazda miata or toyota corolla. If you drill it out a little you can use the tire iron as the handle instead of carrying that around.
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
brokencase
Level 7
Level 7

Post by brokencase »

You're in luck...

I had inadvertently purchase a jack from Saul a while back. I say "inadvertently" because my brother, having looked over my car soon after I had purchased it indicated to me that I did not have a jack. Like an idiot I took his word for it.

It is yours sir for $10 and the cost of shipping. Private message me if you are interested. The jack is in excellent shape.
Specialization is for Insects
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Any jack other than the OEM Scorpio is highly unlikely to stow cleanly in the rear side panel so Dean's offer is a winner IMO.

The OEM lug wrench is waay too short for loosening any but the loosest nuts. I carry an aftermarket extendable lug wrench, and only tighten lug nuts to Ford spec (55-75 ft.) lbs.

YMMV
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Somewhere I have about a dozen or so brand new Scorpio jacks...
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

brokencase wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:37 pm I had inadvertently purchase a jack from Saul a while back.
Funny enough, I was going to contact Saul as I'll see him next month at our Carlisle planning meeting. If that doesn't pan out I will be in touch. Thanks for the offer.

BTW, does anyone have a pic of what the Scorpio jack looks like? I just want to make sure I don't actually have one hiding around here somewhere.
Brad
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

merkurdriver wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:56 am Somewhere I have about a dozen or so brand new Scorpio jacks...
Always feast or famine with Merkur parts it seems. I can't believe I have two Scorpios here, briefly had free access to 8 others, and I still have no jack!
Brad
MerkurRS
Level 4
Level 4

Post by MerkurRS »

I have several available from used with wear to almost-new and show quality. let me know what you need.
2012 Audi S4 Prestige, Black-Optics, APR tuned - runs low-11's
1989 Scorpio-White, a/t- a true survivor car!
1988 Scorpio - Burgundy, a/t- a low mileage survivor!
2004 VW Passat Sedan -W8 6-Speed
2003 VW Passat Variant W8 Auto
1970 Ford XL 390 ci. Convertible
1970 Ford XL 429-4v Convertible
2000 Excursion V10