XR4Ti for sale on fleabay...

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
zxr250cc
Level 5
Level 5

XR4Ti for sale on fleabay...

Post by zxr250cc »

Hi all,

I was curious about small parts on fleabay so I searched XR4Ti to discover a complete car for sale at present with two days left on the auction and '0' bids.

Cheers
1986 XR4Ti Mineral Blue Metallic
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Re: XR4Ti for sale on fleabay...

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

I saw that one listed. The opening bid is $2500. Which doesn't sound too bad for a California car without rust or crash damage. The paint and interior don't seem to be in good condition. Biggest problem is that the seller states water comes out the exhaust, doesn't run needs towed.
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
my8950
Level 7
Level 7

Post by my8950 »

For some reason I believe that car has been posted on Ebay before, I remember the paint and all the damage to it on the hood/roof. Even though most have that same issue going on, something tells me this one has been for sale for a while.
zxr250cc
Level 5
Level 5

Post by zxr250cc »

Hi all,

It is only speculation but I would guess a blown head gasket with the water mention.

It looks like a parts car, maybe, but I keep wondering how many parts cars can be 'parted' at this point before none are actually whole and running. I remember data from a couple of years ago for actual tagged and running XR and there were not so many then. We probably have less now.

Cheers
1986 XR4Ti Mineral Blue Metallic