Something Different!!

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Carlisle 2020
xr4outcast
Level 3
Level 3

Something Different!!

Post by xr4outcast » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:48 am

I am having this new Grill produced by a very reputable company in my area. This part has been in development for 2 years with everything possible taken into consideration.

With the price of the Euro headlights rising, new over $450 shipped. Then to do the conversion correctly, you still need the Cosworth Grill, Grill surround gasket, and the 4 relays. So I thought it was time to upgrade the front of these cars!!

The new grill uses a Chevy Silverado headlight from 2003-2006. There for it is easy to find them for cheap and in 7 different styles that will all fit this new Grill. The lights range in price $50-$175 shipped per pair.

I am asking $350 for the grill kit. This kit includes the Grill,stainless headlight brackets, hardware, and a Grill insert (raised expanded diamond in satin black)

No Grill gasket required!!

Well let me know what you think!! Here are a few pics of the prototype. The first production will be done May 9th and I will post more pics at that time.

Pm or Email if interested in purchasing.
Thanks for looking.

Ray
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Ray » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:02 pm

wow, that doesn't look half bad at all.
-Ray
1985 Ford F150 - Tow Missile
1985 Merkur XR4Ti -#141 CP "Miss Daisy"
2005 Subaru LGT
http://www.cartct.com

Maurice S
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Maurice S » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:40 pm

GOOD WORK!!!

Looks good, might have to get one eventually..
85 XR '" Lightly Street Massaged"

EVIL_XR4
Level 7
Level 7

Post by EVIL_XR4 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:44 pm

Looks pretty good...how does the wiring of the headlights work? Are the headlights supported by the grill and is it going to be strong enough for it? What are they going to be made out of?

hEaT
Level 7
Level 7

Post by hEaT » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:04 pm

Very VWesque. Love it. Would look sick with the mesh painted black.
Joe
1985 Nimbus Grey XR
2017 Ford Focus RS

xr4outcast
Level 3
Level 3

Post by xr4outcast » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:18 pm

EVIL_XR4 wrote:Looks pretty good...how does the wiring of the headlights work? Are the headlights supported by the grill and is it going to be strong enough for it? What are they going to be made out of?
The lights are supported by stainless steel brackets that I include with the kit. Just 2 small holes in the core support per side.

The Grills are being made with a high quality fiberglass. In the future there may be Carbon Fiber in the future, on a by order basis.

As for the Grill insert, the one that is in the kit is satin black.

Thanks for looking, NOW ITS TIME TO BUY!! :D

Maurice S
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Maurice S » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:37 am

Hey so there's no wiring involved. Just mount them up and the stock plug etc just pushes on...highbeems etc work... not to much current draw or anything need be compensated for?
85 XR '" Lightly Street Massaged"

EVIL_XR4
Level 7
Level 7

Post by EVIL_XR4 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:10 am

Maurice S wrote:Hey so there's no wiring involved. Just mount them up and the stock plug etc just pushes on...highbeems etc work... not to much current draw or anything need be compensated for?

That's my main concern...how do the lights hook up and do they work properly?

Can you get pics of this setup working at night? I'm VERY interested in this since my grill is busted and my fog lights are leaking.

hEaT
Level 7
Level 7

Post by hEaT » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:30 am

I'd throw a relay in there anyway. Doesn't hurt even if the stock wiring can handle it.
Joe
1985 Nimbus Grey XR
2017 Ford Focus RS

xr4outcast
Level 3
Level 3

Post by xr4outcast » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:59 am

Im sorry I missed that. The lights are super easy to hook up.

They use H3 and H4 bulbs, so you hook the 2 grounds together, then to the XR ground. The hi beam wire to the XR hi beam and the low to the XR low.

It is a 3 wire hook up per side. No additional relays or wires need to be run!
The factory XR stuff handles everything. :D

Like I said there are 7 different lights available now, you just need to let me know what you want. The Projectors with the Angel eyes I need to mod the grill a little. Other than that you trim up the car as if you were going to add Cossie lights and you can even switch between the 2.

Thanks again guys, I will do my best to answer any questions.

xr4outcast
Level 3
Level 3

Post by xr4outcast » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:08 am

Here are 3 different lights available. Note these were just put in for demo so they were not aimed or alined 100%.
There are even HID kits for around $60 on Ebay now.

Silver SHO
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Silver SHO » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:03 am

Wow, the halo eyes one looks killer! You dont happen to have a pick of the whole front of the car with the halos in do you?
Brian

xr4outcast
Level 3
Level 3

Post by xr4outcast » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:22 am

Silver SHO wrote:Wow, the halo eyes one looks killer! You dont happen to have a pick of the whole front of the car with the halos in do you?
No these were just quickie shots for reference purposes. I would take more but the prototype is now in production so nothing will be available till May 9th.

Apsalus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Apsalus » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:09 pm

That is unbelievably cool. I've wanted a Cossie grill + Euro lamps since Day 1, but they are ridiculously expensive. The fact that this mod not only uses a readily available lamp, but you can also chose from 7 different styles makes it all the more appealing. The "angry eyes" look is going to take a little getting used to, but I am totally sold on the grill otherwise. Once this semester is over in a few weeks, I will be looking at one of these kits seriously.

Also, just for clarification, you're asking $350 for the grill kit + $50-$175 (depending on the style of lamp selected), correct? Can you please list specifically which models work with this grill? I need to start thinking about which ones I want.

You also mentioned that the Projectors with the Angel eyes require a bit of modding to the grill. Does that cost extra?

MerlinMerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MerlinMerkur » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:59 pm

Ill admit, that whoops my BMW light idea in the rear with thick leather.

I like it alot. 350 is steep for my budget though ><
Is there a uuh.. student discount.. or uh.. maybe a MCA discount :P
Maybe some parts trade action!?

I have 2 sets of Euro lights but one set needs a golf ball to hit em so I can get something.. wait..
did you say Chevy lights?!?!
Dont you know who makes Merkur!!

Nevermind!!! :twisted: :lol:
~Travis
87.5 Mono XR- LA3, FMIC, Adj Cam, Gillis, CAI/Cone, +15% rates - Koni adj, Coss frnt/rr sways, rr brc., Ported manis, 3" DP w/dualz, PBRs, rear disks and enough gadjets and switches to make Batman jealous! And more comin! Speak up.