Something Different!!

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Carlisle 2020
StevenD57

Post by StevenD57 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:09 pm

xr4outcast wrote:4 sold at $310, 1 left at that price. Get it while they last. :wink:

If this does well, Im in the works for some other new stuff. I am waiting on the cost of molds now.
How about a headlight conversion for the Scorpio? The euro headlights for that are also very hard to come by for those cars.
--
Steven A. DuChene
shooting for twin cam 4 valve head for Carlisle 2011

Friends don't let friends use MS Windows
Linux = no virii or spyware, EVER

CV12Steve
Level 7
Level 7

Post by CV12Steve » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:20 pm

StevenD57 wrote:How about a headlight conversion for the Scorpio? The euro headlights for that are also very hard to come by for those cars.
I almost always see a couple sets on eBay.
Stephen

XR4
Level 2
Level 2

Post by XR4 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:03 pm

Thats awsome i've been trying to figure out a headlight conversion also but you did a great job! so how about the grill with out brackets or lights how much could you part with that for.
T3/T4 turbo, Stinger Performance manifold, FMIC, Knock off Greedy type s bov, T-5 trans, Steeda Short shifter, Stage 1 clutch, OBX FMU, adj Fuel pressur regulator, MBC, external wastegate, and a few problems. But i still love it WHY?

xr4outcast
Level 3
Level 3

Post by xr4outcast » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:34 pm

I might do something for the Scorpio. There have been a few requests, I dont have a Scorpio to work from though.

As far as selling a Grill with no brackets!! Not really sure what good it would be, as its very specific to those lights. But if you really want one Let me fill the orders for the first 5 then I will work something out.

Thanks again everyone, I will be working on some other stuff soon.

If anyone has suggestions let me know and if there is enough need I will build it. :wink:

EVIL_XR4
Level 7
Level 7

Post by EVIL_XR4 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:01 pm

Is this going to be a one time production or are you doing more?

xr4outcast
Level 3
Level 3

Post by xr4outcast » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:04 pm

There will be as many as needed. Just looking for the first 5 to cover the mold, after that its by order and Im looking to have a few extra for Carlisle.

Apsalus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Apsalus » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:53 am

EVIL_XR4 wrote:How about the headlight brackets and road bumps? Do the headlights jiggle/vibrate while driving or are they nice and snug?
I would also like to hear an answer to this. I have no doubt that a lot of work has been put into Outcast's grill, though, if possible, pics of the mounting bracket would be appreciated.

xr4outcast
Level 3
Level 3

Post by xr4outcast » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:27 am

Apsalus wrote:
EVIL_XR4 wrote:How about the headlight brackets and road bumps? Do the headlights jiggle/vibrate while driving or are they nice and snug?
I would also like to hear an answer to this. I have no doubt that a lot of work has been put into Outcast's grill, though, if possible, pics of the mounting bracket would be appreciated.
No wiggles or shakes. The bracket resembles the Chevy bracket and screws tight to the core support. Once the Grill is in place it stays where it belongs. No pics of the production bracket, I have to pick up the Stainless and hardware and just have not had time yet.

Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:17 pm

John Brennan wrote:
Ed Lijewski wrote:Not necessary; just take it into NYC.

YMMV 8)
Wow, that's in a whole 'nother Region-- he'd be driving for days! :poke
Hah!. Rob (Outcast....) lives in Annapolis; NYC is ~ 3 hours up I-95.

Not that Rob is an NYC kind of guy (neither am I), but his SO, Brandi, might be, I'll wager. :lol:

YMMV 8)
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!

Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:19 pm

xr4outcast wrote:I might do something for the Scorpio. There have been a few requests, I dont have a Scorpio to work from though.
Rob: I've got a Scorpio roller (no engine). Let me know if you can work from it.

YMMV 8)

John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:31 pm

Ed Lijewski wrote:
John Brennan wrote:
Ed Lijewski wrote:Not necessary; just take it into NYC.

YMMV 8)
Wow, that's in a whole 'nother Region-- he'd be driving for days! :poke
Hah!. Rob (Outcast....) lives in Annapolis; NYC is ~ 3 hours up I-95.

Not that Rob is an NYC kind of guy (neither am I), but his SO, Brandi, might be, I'll wager. :lol:

YMMV 8)
Still going to bat for us "West Coast"-ers, saddled, as we are, with a Regional system that fails to address reality; if I were to attend the Bellevue thing, e.g., I literally would have to drive "for days." Meanwhile, the East is broken up into so many "Regions" that are only hours apart. :poke
This is my car, and these are my people!
1989 XR4Ti 5-Speed
2001 BMW Z3 3.0 5-Speed
2015 Fiesta ST 6-Speed
2015 Edge 3.5 V6 Auto/Paddles

Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:39 pm

Bitch, bitch, moan, bitch, complain, bitch, kvetch, bitch....

You've got all the charms of Snottsdale--sun, weather (no snow/cold), historic sites, amazing scenery, glamorous women, high society, outdoor recreation in abundance, etc., and you STILL want more consideration and attention? :P BTW, as you know so well, East coasters (and a few Canadians masquerading as East Coasters) sopped up most of the supply of Merks as they came off the boats; and we're sorry in retrospect more of us didn't sign deals on the rest and and keep them them ALL here. :P :lol:

YMMV 8)
Last edited by Ed Lijewski on Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:41 pm

Yep.
This is my car, and these are my people!
1989 XR4Ti 5-Speed
2001 BMW Z3 3.0 5-Speed
2015 Fiesta ST 6-Speed
2015 Edge 3.5 V6 Auto/Paddles

anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:51 pm

CV12Steve wrote:I almost always see a couple sets on eBay.
I read that and thought, "is that true?" So I searched and found all in about 15 seconds:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merkur-S ... enameZWDVW

Apsalus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Apsalus » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:59 pm

xr4outcast wrote:No wiggles or shakes. The bracket resembles the Chevy bracket and screws tight to the core support. Once the Grill is in place it stays where it belongs. No pics of the production bracket, I have to pick up the Stainless and hardware and just have not had time yet.
No worries. I'm stoked for the grill, so the more that I know about it, the happier that I am.