i need a link for la2 la3 swap to t5 swapped 86 HELP

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
tvissoc
Level 4
Level 4

Re: hahahah

Post by tvissoc »

hEaT wrote:
animalguy10 wrote:What the heck is a ACT and taping my intake.. wow im lost .. think i may order a pineed computer.
ACT = Air Charge Temp sensor.

You don't need it. Same with the Brake On Off (BOO) switch. Also, wire the premium switch to ground unless you plan on running anything less than premium fuel.
Why is ACT not needed, and how does the computer respond to it being missing? Wish I would have known this when I did my swap years back.

Oh, and FYI, I actually ran the LA3 without an intercooler for a while. It did fine.
Tony Vissoc
Nothing to see here. Move along.
hEaT
Level 7
Level 7

Re: hahahah

Post by hEaT »

tvissoc wrote: Why is ACT not needed, and how does the computer respond to it being missing? Wish I would have known this when I did my swap years back.
It runs fine without it. It's mainly there to retard timing if intake temps are too high.
xr4man
Level 6
Level 6

Post by xr4man »

yeah, but the threshold is set so low that with it installed, intake temps are ALWAYS too high.
ian the re-animator
tvissoc
Level 4
Level 4

Post by tvissoc »

xr4man wrote:yeah, but the threshold is set so low that with it installed, intake temps are ALWAYS too high.
So you're saying that if disconnected, I could get better performance because the computer won't be unnecessarily retarding timing?

Tony
Tony Vissoc
Nothing to see here. Move along.
hEaT
Level 7
Level 7

Post by hEaT »

tvissoc wrote:
xr4man wrote:yeah, but the threshold is set so low that with it installed, intake temps are ALWAYS too high.
So you're saying that if disconnected, I could get better performance because the computer won't be unnecessarily retarding timing?

Tony
It certainly won't be any worse.