My Ride 3-7 Motorsports

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
xr4outcast
Level 3
Level 3

Post by xr4outcast »

John Brennan wrote:Do the tires stick out past the flares? Can't quite gauge from the straight-on pic. Rubbing my eyes isn't helping.
They sit in just a little. Once the car has been lowered it will be easier to see.
Rob Booth
monti75
Level 2
Level 2

Re: My Ride 3-7 Motorsports

Post by monti75 »

this is a old trend but i think is a good one because of the info there is on installing the arches.. since they dont come with instruction...

was this project complete? how the car look when it got lowered and painted ans such...

:cheers
socal1200r
Level 2
Level 2

Post by socal1200r »

From page 1, he mentioned something about running 22 psi? I would imagine that engine won't last long thru too many runs up to 22 psi, with an IC and rotated intake being the only mods?
Robert Brooks
1987 XR4Ti, white, AT
Norfolk, VA
Esteban
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Esteban »

The stock longblock, assuming its in great condition can definitely hold 22psi. Heck there's guys on the TurboFord forums running 26+psi with their Holset turbos
tomi
Level 1
Level 1

Post by tomi »

It has a lot more to do with the tune that you are running than how many "psi" you are running. Stock short bock here, essy head 2277 cam at 27psi and no issues at all. I run my car harder than 95% of the guys here...
But, I am tuning with a PiMP with an AFR of 11.7 to be safe...somewhere north of 400 hp as my 85lbers are at about 85% duty cycle and 40-120mph takes about 9.3seconds...don't ask me about 0-40 as I refuse to put a decent tire on this one until I have a supra diff in it.
Tomi
89 XR4Ti a few mods ;)
06 Magnum RT AWD
socal1200r
Level 2
Level 2

Post by socal1200r »

That's what I'm saying, if the ONLY mods were the IC (not even an FMIC) and a rotated intake, I would have second thoughts about doing too many runs up to 22 psi, since that would be almost 50 percent higher than stock on the manual transmission models. No MBC valve, no BOV or bypass valve, stock TB / injectors / fuel pump / downpipe / exhaust / air intake / etc. I'm sure the block and head could handle 22 psi, but not without a lot of mods from stock.

I put a Saab IC in the engine compartment, a 3" downpipe with 3" exhaust, and a MBC valve. I'll probably put the stainless header on in the next couple of weeks. Since mine is an automatic, from what the Owner's Manual says, the boost is limited to 10 psi. From what I can tell, it definitely does not like running too much above 10, because it starts to run rough above 10, with surging, popping, etc. So I use my foot on the gas pedal, along with a lower setting on the MBC valve, to keep it around 10 and running smooth.

I'm sure it'll run higher than 10, but not without some additional mods...
Robert Brooks
1987 XR4Ti, white, AT
Norfolk, VA
C-Rock
Level 2
Level 2

Post by C-Rock »

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... /MyXr2.jpg

Been a while since I have been here